Who is an experienced student on here?

Watch
Study6076
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Who is experienced in terms of effective studying, time management and potentially oxbridge on here?

I need your help
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hold a first class degree, master's at distinction, PhD, and am currently at Oxford, so maybe I qualify?

What do you need?
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gjd800)
I hold a first class degree, master's at distinction, PhD, and am currently at Oxford, so maybe I qualify?

What do you need?
Money
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Money
Ha, don't we all!
Study6076
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by gjd800)

What do you need?
I need your advice on the following:

So, basically this happened in GCSE and resulted in me not reaching my full potential and I am seeing myself making the same mistakes again that I did in GCSE.

-The work I currently have to do 7/8 assignment, of which I have only done one.

-Two chemistry tests on Thursday ( Amount of Substance and Kinetics)

- differentiation test on Wed

- I have mocks starting on the 4th of Jan, and like the fudging lazy piece of crap I am I haven't made any proper notes for it or preparation yet
- regards to this I can use adapt to sort out the revision timetable so I don't have a problem with that but what I do have a problem with is that

1) the motivation to do revision
2) When I do notes I mean thoroughly looking through multiple resources and satisfying the spec point notes and then making flashcards on anki( with the space repetition thing and active recall) finally exam qs, but bcs of my perfectionism this is annoying me and I don't know how to put it into words so if anyone gets me please let me know!!
3)I think I have this imposter syndrome (i think this is what it's called) where I think I am not capable of doing well and I have a fear that If i do do all of this and I still end up doing badly in mocks

And regards to uni preparation forget that bcs I have done NOTHING i am part of pathways to Medicine at Imperial but that is it and I have bad anxiety so we got given this massive revision planner from school with every day on it and I like to plan everything in advance bcs of my anxiety I like to be in control of the situation but it is not workin well bcs I want to have a clear plan of what things I need to have accomplished or started every month e.g. one goal for feb get driving license by the end of the month(only an example) and because there are so many things to do I feel like I am missing some stuff out and it worsens everything...now I am just rambling, this is bad but even if I don't do the things in my plan although it does worsen it when i don't achieve it, it reduces my anxiety knowing I am in control if that makes sense

One more thing, is that I watch/read all of these extracurricular stuff eg. Ali Abdaal's everything (podcast, newsletter , blogs) - this is bcs i think I can learn a lot from him that I can implement into my life, and other people and like advice I have got from TSR regarding Oxbridge etc., and I don't know how to organise all of them and make notes so I can refer back to them can someone help me with this pleaseee?

Also we got our academic reports and our projected grades( Year 13 grades they think we would get if we sat the exam right now)

Bio target grade - A* projected grade- A
Chem target grade - A* projected grade - C
Maths target grade - A* projected - A
Psych target grade -A projected -A

This might appear good in some ppl's eyes and I am not saying it's not (except for Chem) but I know this is only bcs we have covered a little bit of content now and I know for a fact that when the amount of content we learn increases then these grades are not going to be the same

There are lots and lots of other things I want to do besides this e.g. get a part-time job, exercise, read( I think I have a read only a bunch of books in my whole lifetime ,embarrassing I know, and I want to read so many books I have a list but bcs of my poor time management I haven't been able to), do extracurriculars for Cambridge, but even though I have read lots of time management articles and videos I am still failing at this.

I have high aspirations ( Cambridge) but I am trying to do something about this before it ends in a place where I know it inevitably will if I don't take action

Sorry if this was a long post, but I would appreciate it if you could address and help me with each one of my issues I have outlined above as much as you can, because I am struggling (as you can see)
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Study6076)
I need your advice on the following:

So, basically this happened in GCSE and resulted in me not reaching my full potential and I am seeing myself making the same mistakes again that I did in GCSE.

-The work I currently have to do 7/8 assignment, of which I have only done one.

-Two chemistry tests on Thursday ( Amount of Substance and Kinetics)

- differentiation test on Wed

- I have mocks starting on the 4th of Jan, and like the fudging lazy piece of crap I am I haven't made any proper notes for it or preparation yet
- regards to this I can use adapt to sort out the revision timetable so I don't have a problem with that but what I do have a problem with is that

1) the motivation to do revision
2) When I do notes I mean thoroughly looking through multiple resources and satisfying the spec point notes and then making flashcards on anki( with the space repetition thing and active recall) finally exam qs, but bcs of my perfectionism this is annoying me and I don't know how to put it into words so if anyone gets me please let me know!!
3)I think I have this imposter syndrome (i think this is what it's called) where I think I am not capable of doing well and I have a fear that If i do do all of this and I still end up doing badly in mocks

And regards to uni preparation forget that bcs I have done NOTHING i am part of pathways to Medicine at Imperial but that is it and I have bad anxiety so we got given this massive revision planner from school with every day on it and I like to plan everything in advance bcs of my anxiety I like to be in control of the situation but it is not workin well bcs I want to have a clear plan of what things I need to have accomplished or started every month e.g. one goal for feb get driving license by the end of the month(only an example) and because there are so many things to do I feel like I am missing some stuff out and it worsens everything...now I am just rambling, this is bad but even if I don't do the things in my plan although it does worsen it when i don't achieve it, it reduces my anxiety knowing I am in control if that makes sense

One more thing, is that I watch/read all of these extracurricular stuff eg. Ali Abdaal's everything (podcast, newsletter , blogs) - this is bcs i think I can learn a lot from him that I can implement into my life, and other people and like advice I have got from TSR regarding Oxbridge etc., and I don't know how to organise all of them and make notes so I can refer back to them can someone help me with this pleaseee?

Also we got our academic reports and our projected grades( Year 13 grades they think we would get if we sat the exam right now)

Bio target grade - A* projected grade- A
Chem target grade - A* projected grade - C
Maths target grade - A* projected - A
Psych target grade -A projected -A

This might appear good in some ppl's eyes and I am not saying it's not (except for Chem) but I know this is only bcs we have covered a little bit of content now and I know for a fact that when the amount of content we learn increases then these grades are not going to be the same

There are lots and lots of other things I want to do besides this e.g. get a part-time job, exercise, read( I think I have a read only a bunch of books in my whole lifetime ,embarrassing I know, and I want to read so many books I have a list but bcs of my poor time management I haven't been able to), do extracurriculars for Cambridge, but even though I have read lots of time management articles and videos I am still failing at this.

I have high aspirations ( Cambridge) but I am trying to do something about this before it ends in a place where I know it inevitably will if I don't take action

Sorry if this was a long post, but I would appreciate it if you could address and help me with each one of my issues I have outlined above as much as you can, because I am struggling (as you can see)
Flashcards
Revision charts
Notes
Mindmaps
Milletezcan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,

I’m a second year law student and I have created a podcast: legallybrunettepodcast

Check it out for inspiration, cv boosting tips, and study motivation!
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000501079183
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads