Houdini321!*
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am in Year 12 and looking to potentially apply to Land Economy for starting in 2022. I have started my A-levels this year and am doing Economics, English Lit, Theology and a Diploma in French. I achieved 9 level 9s and 2 level 8s at GCSE and have always been quite an allrounder at school so would like to do a degree that is real-world related and gives me plenty of options in the future. I do not do Maths A-Level but did achieve a 9 at GCSE.

My main question is, am I at a large disadvantage looking to study this degree without Maths A level???

I also would like to know of any ideas of other degrees to apply to at other unis, as I obviously won't do pure economics, so am maybe interested in degrees like International relations. How would I combine this on my personal statement or has anyone got any other ideas as to what degrees to pair with this that aren't massively mathsy but include economic thinking?

Sorry this is a bit long, any suggestions are welcome! Thank you
beth448
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you looked at the courses offered by the royal agricultural university? I don’t know wether they would have any courses that would interest you.
Houdini321!*
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by beth448)
Have you looked at the courses offered by the royal agricultural university? I don’t know wether they would have any courses that would interest you.
Thank for the reply! It isn't a Uni that I'm really interested in to be completely honest I'm afraid and most of the courses aren't quite for me. I would be looking to use the Land Economy degree (Law,Economics and Environment) to either convert to Law and be a lawyer or go into something like Investment Banking/management - probably something in the city. I just liked the uniqueness of the course as it offers 3 different things!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads