Zafirahhh_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If anyone needs help with English language gcse papers holla me. I’ll try to help b
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Will you?
unknown2005
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would like to ask how do you write language paper 1 question 3
Zafirahhh_
Rep:
?
@unknown2005 in order to write question three language paper one you need to understand how the text is structured to interest you. For example the beginning of the extract may be about the setting and then in the middle passage it could be about characters and then the ending could be about their downfall. So we see here through the structure we are interested in understanding why the writer has purposely done this. So the setting in the beginning could be very gloomy and cold and this could be because it foreshadows the doom to come, and we see this when the characters are introduced in the middle passage. So we are slowly understanding that doom will fall on the characters introduced. We are captivated in the beginning of the extract as we want to know why the setting is so gloomy. So here for this question you have to talk about how the text was constructed to interest you. So you talk about the start, middle and end of the extract. But you also talk about some other structural techniques in the extract to boost your mark to band 4 the highest one. For example foreshadowing, repetition, sentences used, punctuation etc ...
Zafirahhh_
Rep:
?
An example answer would be something like “the writer purposely introduces us to a saturnine , cold setting in the beginning of the extract to provoke questions in our mind. For example why are we introduced to a dark setting? This captivates us as the quote “.......”
After putting your quote down you go into analysis with it. And explain the middle passage as being an explanation as to why the setting is destined the way it is.
Zafirahhh_
Rep:
?
*described
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.41%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (91)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.51%

Watched Threads