andreasgeo1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
When i finished my economics test i thought i went fairly well until i went to bed and realized i made alot of careless mistakes and now i think i went really badly. I cant get out of the thoughts on analyzing the question at again while im laying down and thinking how i couldve done better and i think my test score is below a 70 which is making me stress. Does someone have any advice on how to make me calm down and actually not think about it all the time during night?
Last edited by andreasgeo1; 1 month ago
georginaprisadni
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by andreasgeo1)
When i finished my economics test i thought i went fairly well until i went to bed and realized i made alot of careless mistakes and now i think i went really badly. I cant get out of the thoughts on analyzing the question at again while im laying down and thinking how i couldve done better and i think my test score is below a 70 which is making me stress. Does someone have any advice on how to make me calm down and actually not think about it all the time during night?
Hello, you’re not alone I’ve been in your situation. Is this obsessive thinking and ruminating? I have OCD myself so I don’t want to reassure you. So if you do this is your warning — One test does not outline your entire life, you have plenty more chances if this is a mock and if it’s the real thing you can always resit - not the end of the world. It doesn’t make you any less clever & the fact you’re overthinking about the questions right now just shows you know the content but you were probably too stressed out. Sometimes we worry beforehand but it’s not going to help the outcome and stress is pretty much useless for you now, as you know it’s affecting your sleep. Have you tried practicing mindfulness for the sleep? Or mediation and yoga? They help lots. Or a bit of exercise to get you and your mind tired. Don’t rush sleep either, just remember you can think about this all night long and it won’t change a thing, get a good rest.
Good night and good luck!
andreasgeo1
Rep:
?
(Original post by georginaprisadni)
Hello, you’re not alone I’ve been in your situation. Is this obsessive thinking and ruminating? I have OCD myself so I don’t want to reassure you. So if you do this is your warning — One test does not outline your entire life, you have plenty more chances if this is a mock and if it’s the real thing you can always resit - not the end of the world. It doesn’t make you any less clever & the fact you’re overthinking about the questions right now just shows you know the content but you were probably too stressed out. Sometimes we worry beforehand but it’s not going to help the outcome and stress is pretty much useless for you now, as you know it’s affecting your sleep. Have you tried practicing mindfulness for the sleep? Or mediation and yoga? They help lots. Or a bit of exercise to get you and your mind tired. Don’t rush sleep either, just remember you can think about this all night long and it won’t change a thing, get a good rest.
Thank you! This really helped alot. Ill try to clear my mind tonight and try to get some sleep.
andreasgeo1
Rep:
?
(Original post by georginaprisadni)
I cant stop thinking about the stupid mistakes that i did such as i shifted the demand curve to the right instead of the left, i forgot referencing from the diagram, i talked about the wrong things in high mark questions and i forgot making a diagram in a question. I probably wouldve gotten full marks if i wasnt so stressed and rushed through the paper so thats why im hitting myself in the head and cant stop thinking about it
berett
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I cant stop thinking about the stupid mistakes that i did such as i shifted the demand curve to the right instead of the left, i forgot referencing from the diagram, i talked about the wrong things in high mark questions and i forgot making a diagram in a question. I probably wouldve gotten full marks if i wasnt so stressed and rushed through the paper so thats why im hitting myself in the head and cant stop thinking about it
I'm sorry that you feel this way. Please know that this probably won't matter to you in a few weeks. There are some funny videos on YouTube of the biologist Richard Dawkins reading hate-mail from people who don't believe in evolution which might take your mind off things: search 'love letters to Richard Dawkins'
megascream
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can't sleep whenever I get too stressed or too excited.

If it's still early (like before 3am) I might try to think something I'm interested in to claim down. If that's too late I will just tell myself I'm going to stay up the whole night. If I get too sleepy at some points, that's very good. If I actually stay up the whole night, nothing can't be solved the next day through one or two cans energy drink. If that doesn't happen often, it won't be harmful at all.

Edit for: You will forget your test in one or two days, or even better, several hours. That's such a normal thing so I even ignore that in my original answer. I haven't had any tests for more than one year and honestly I can't remember any tests I did badly before, though I must felt really stressed at that time.
Last edited by megascream; 1 month ago
n4dz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its over and done with. There's no point in worrying about a situation that you can't change and if its just a test, in the grand scheme of life, its not a big deal I promise. You probably did okay and if you didn't its not the end of the world. I can't do much to help you but you should know that there's no need to stress about it
Cloudiii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Whenever you do tests you are always going to think of the questions you missed or answered incorrectly that’s normal. However, we tend to focus on the mistakes more than the questions you did answer correctly because that’s what we worry about more. So the test usually ends up better than how we think it went. At the end of the day anyway it is just a test and you will still get to where you want to be no matter what happens as long as you have a drive for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have the latest Covid-19 announcements affected your decisions about university?

It's complicated, I'll tell you more in the thread... (33)
6.42%
I've decided not to go to university (23)
4.47%
I'm more likely to go to university now (30)
5.84%
I've decided to go to a university nearer to my home town (39)
7.59%
I’m considering different universities (31)
6.03%
I am choosing a more career-related course (35)
6.81%
I am choosing a course based on what I’m passionate about (66)
12.84%
It hasn't changed anything for me (257)
50%

Watched Threads