Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
She hits me, controls me and emotionally abuses me. I have had this all my life and I don’t want to cope with it anymore. I have been a bit upset about nothing has happened about it, shes always done it since I was a young kid and I don’t like it anymore. She blackmails me sometimes, for example she said if I dont find these gloves she'll sort me out and she overreacting if someone loses something like a drink bottle at school she screams across the house and acts like someone has died or something. Its just upsetting and I was crying just out of frustration because no one has done anything about her abusive behaviour ever.
hapiolen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
She hits me, controls me and emotionally abuses me. I have had this all my life and I don’t want to cope with it anymore. I have been a bit upset about nothing has happened about it, shes always done it since I was a young kid and I don’t like it anymore. She blackmails me sometimes, for example she said if I dont find these gloves she'll sort me out and she overreacting if someone loses something like a drink bottle at school she screams across the house and acts like someone has died or something. Its just upsetting and I was crying just out of frustration because no one has done anything about her abusive behaviour ever.
Should leave asap . how old are you ?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hapiolen)
Should leave asap . how old are you ?
19 but I don't have the money
hapiolen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
19 but I don't have the money
so you are an adult and she can't control you like that then . have you talked to her ? it seems you need guidance on what to do . any friends you can trust they might help you
Anonymous #1
I have a job at a car parts shop, this is another thing I want to quit because I feel left out since all my colleagues are much older and im barely an adult but my mum won't let me quit and she doesn't let me spend my money
Anonymous #1
so you are an adult and she can't control you like that then . have you talked to her ? it seems you need guidance on what to do . any friends you can trust they might help you
I spoke to her hundreds of times and she tells me to shut up
hapiolen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have a job at a car parts shop, this is another thing I want to quit because I feel left out since all my colleagues are much older and im barely an adult but my mum won't let me quit and she doesn't let me spend my money
oh wow , so your mom is controllive aswell . I would try to save up money with the job you have currently and eventually just pack your bags and leave and go to another place (?)and try to find another job you like . have you got any qualifications or like skills because you can make a fair bit on the internet without having to leave home ?
georginaprisadni
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m not a psychologist but this sounds like narcissistic parenting. I’m sorry you’re experiencing this, it must be very hard for you, speak to your friends - maybe you could stay at their house until you can find your own place? Or speak to another adult about what’s going on
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
My mum did the same thing to me. I left and the council helped me to find a place to live and stuff
georginaprisadni
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t quit but find somewhere you love & why won’t she let you spend the money? She doesn’t let you spend anything at all or is she telling you to save? This is your money after all and I’m sure you would never tell her how to spend hers..
Cic.pc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi just saw this on my feed and I’m so sorry. Have you ever talked about this to anyone who you went to school with etc a teacher as I know they can have a huge beneficial impact on these things. Also is there anywhere or anyone you can contact maybe a friend that you can stay with. Is there anyone else in the house too any siblings older or younger as I’m sure they’ll be affected too. Have you tried to have a fully serious conversation where she can understand how you feel as it seems that she’s completely overlooking your feelings.
I really hope you’re okay and I hope you find a way out of this.
Anonymous #1
oh wow , so your mom is controllive aswell . I would try to save up money with the job you have currently and eventually just pack your bags and leave and go to another place (?)and try to find another job you like . have you got any qualifications or like skills because you can make a fair bit on the internet without having to leave home ?
How can I make money on the Internet
hapiolen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How can I make money on the Internet
freelancing
cmb123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi OP,
Firstly I am so sorry your going through this! remember your valued and loved and you don't have to put up with it. No one has the right to make you feel bad, it's not your fault when someone else is abusive. Domestic abuse is when a grown-up threatens, bullies or hurts another adult in the family. Sometimes it's called domestic violence. And it can happen in any family. It can be very hard to deal with but remember that it's never your fault

Please record what's going on, whether this is on your voice notes on your phone, or notes or a diary, please ensure your parent doesn't have access to it though, as she could react badly. This will help you to explain what's happening to someone who can help.

Talking about abuse is difficult. But it helps. Telling someone what’s going on means you don’t have to deal with it on your own. Most importantly, telling someone can help stop the physical abuse. It also means you can start to live a life that’s happier and safer. I know you're technically an adult at 19 but you might want to talk to somebody outside of the family such as a friend or doctor.

I've gathered some useful links for you, im not sure what gender you identify as so there is a mix below, please take a look when you have a chance. id highly recommend DVRCV (woah.org) they have great advice:

National Domestic Abuse Helpline – 0808 2000 247 – www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/
The Mix, free information and support for under 25s in the UK – 0808 808 4994
The Men’s Advice Line, for male domestic abuse survivors – 0808 801 0327
National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline – 0800 999 5428 (run by Galop)
Samaritans (24/7 service) – 116 123
freephone advice line for parents, carers, children and young people on a wide range of legal issues: https://www.childrenslegalcentre.com
Domestic abuse: get help during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak https://www.gov.uk/guidance/domestic...ow-to-get-help
An organisation called Domestic Violence Resource Centre (DVRCV) and they make websites, videos, apps, brochures, posters and lots more to help people understand what family violence is, why it happens, how to recognise it and how to help others who are experiencing it: https://woah.org.au
NYAS: The Helpline offers advice and information as well as allocating independent advocates to around 10,000 cases created each year: https://www.nyas.net/services/helpline/

If you’re in immediate danger, you can call the police on 999 and they will come to help you

Stay safe OP! Sending lots of love x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (33)
23.74%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
43.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (21)
15.11%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.88%

Watched Threads