Girlfriend over exagerates

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
She had a cough, she claimed she had symptoms of the coronavirus but she was really over exaggerated, she was coughing, screaming, crying like saying she can't do it she can't do it and coughing more on purpose really badly but really it was a mild cough. She got tested negative for the virus in the end. The other day though we were walking back to my car then I think her heel fell of or something and she dived on the floor. She was screaming and crying on the ground saying she needs to go to hospital but she was fine, I could tell, for starters when she eventually got up and walked off she was fine but before she fell she was crying shes broken her ankle or something and it took like 40 minutes till she got up. All that happened is, I think she tripped over a curb in her heels and that's another thing I don't understand why she was wearing heels when she knew she'd be walking. She walks 30 or 40 minutes to work and wears heels which I dont understand how she does the but ok, she seems to wear heels for everything and she doesn't drive so she walks around pretty much everywhere in heels.

Anyway im getting a bit stressed with her, my friend was saying welcome to relationships mate and people just tell me having a gf is stressful. I don't say anything to her about it because I think she would scream at me about it, when she was overreacting about the heel thing I was just there comforting her and I helped her. Its just this relationship is really stressing me out but I love her so much and my mum loves her.
Anonymous #1
Bump
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Just talk to her, see what’s causing her the distress, ask her what you can do to help. Communication is the best thing

Does she have anxiety? Health Anxiety can cause you to think the ‘littlest’ symptoms are worst case scenario?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just talk to her, see what’s causing her the distress, ask her what you can do to help. Communication is the best thing

Does she have anxiety? Health Anxiety can cause you to think the ‘littlest’ symptoms are worst case scenario?
I spoke to her and denies that she overreacts
Asheri2006
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you think she just wants more attention, as a girl i feel like that could be why?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Usually when faced with words like ‘overreacting’ people tend to get defensive as it has negative connotations. Open questions that allow her to share her authentic thoughts might work? Then at least you’ll know what’s on her mind when she acts this way.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Asheri2006)
Do you think she just wants more attention, as a girl i feel like that could be why?
I think it is to get attention
Anonymous #1
Usually when faced with words like ‘overreacting’ people tend to get defensive as it has negative connotations. Open questions that allow her to share her authentic thoughts might work? Then at least you’ll know what’s on her mind when she acts this way.
I don't know what authentic thoughts are
Asheri2006
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it is to get attention
I mean, some of us do get a bit like that but it depends, have you been distant with her whilst she did these things? As in the natural response to a person falling would be the second person to coddle up and comfort them. Just saying though, i'm no relationship expert :/
Anonymous #1
I mean, some of us do get a bit like that but it depends, have you been distant with her whilst she did these things? As in the natural response to a person falling would be the second person to coddle up and comfort them. Just saying though, i'm no relationship expert :/
No I wasn't distant with her when she did these things
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I don't know what authentic thoughts are
Authentic thoughts = true, unfiltered thoughts. Just give her the chance to be honest... look at it more like you’re checking in on her than confronting her.
Confronting makes people shut down. Whatever she’s doing this for, whether it’s for attention or anxiety or whatever, she’s unlikely to be straight up about it unless she’s given the space to
Asheri2006
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hmmm, do you think anything happened recently in her life that would lead her to over exaggerate? Sorry i'm just running on my general knowledge here.

Possibly something personal or something like that???

No I wasn't distant with her when she did these things
Anonymous #1
Hmmm, do you think anything happened recently in her life that would lead her to over exaggerate? Sorry i'm just running on my general knowledge here.

Possibly something personal or something like that???
No, she's just been stressed with the whole covid thing but hasn't everyone
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How long have you been together? Has she always been like that?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by YaliaV123)
How long have you been together? Has she always been like that?
A few months and yes
Asheri2006
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, she's just been stressed with the whole covid thing but hasn't everyone
Ah, I see, well I guess you should try what the other guy said about the authentic stuff then YK, and before judging her or anything let her open up about her side of the situation, I humbly wish you the best of luck!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
You both sound like chavs to me so this is probs normal behaviour for a chavette female
Anonymous #1
You both sound like chavs to me so this is probs normal behaviour for a chavette female
Reported
Anonymous #1
Ah, I see, well I guess you should try what the other guy said about the authentic stuff then YK, and before judging her or anything let her open up about her side of the situation, I humbly wish you the best of luck!
You are so young 😂
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Reported
I'm so scared, Your gf should have been reported for disorderly behaviour in public and distasteful chav attire.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (33)
23.74%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
43.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (21)
15.11%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.88%

Watched Threads