Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I’m currently in year 13. I’m stressing over my A level options and don’t know if they can even give me a chance to do economics at LSE.

I’m taking maths, chemistry and physics. I dropped further maths after AS.

Anyone who got into LSE with similar a level choices?
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Applicants with AS FM have a roughly 40% chance of getting an LSE Econ offer (based on previous years’ data).

Your subjects are absolutely fine.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
Applicants with AS FM have a roughly 40% chance of getting an LSE Econ offer (based on previous years’ data).

Your subjects are absolutely fine.
Do you think I should do a gap year to finish off Further Maths or is that just unnecessary. Also is that subject choice good for other economics schools?
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you think I should do a gap year to finish off Further Maths or is that just unnecessary. Also is that subject choice good for other economics schools?
Completely unnecessary. And yes, your subjects are fine for economics at any UK uni.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
Completely unnecessary. And yes, your subjects are fine for economics at any UK uni.
Ahh thank you so much. I was also wondering I have a friend who wants to do an AS next year since they didn’t do it in year 12 (biology) is it even possible for students to do an AS along with A2? I’m planning on going with him to ask about it but I was just wondering if it’s even possible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (212)
56.68%
I don't have everything I need (162)
43.32%

Watched Threads