Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do I make friends at uni when I don't really drink, I like to get good sleep, I suffer from anxiety and I'm so soft spoken that people can't hear me talking half the time. It's really hard to make friends because everyone I have met in my halls is the opposite to me. I try to join in with them but they just look at me like I'm strange when I don't drink and am too anxious to join the circle of people. I have also joined a society but with everything online rn and everyone in the societies being 2nd and 3rd years it's difficult to make friends there too. I have tried everything to make friends at university now. I am scared because I feel like I'm supposed to be alone or something because I tried everything and still have no friends. Everyone else has 2nd year housing sorted, and done it behind my back. I'm scared, sad and wanting some friends. I just want a hug and for someone to tell me that I will be okay
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do I make friends at uni when I don't really drink, I like to get good sleep, I suffer from anxiety and I'm so soft spoken that people can't hear me talking half the time. It's really hard to make friends because everyone I have met in my halls is the opposite to me. I try to join in with them but they just look at me like I'm strange when I don't drink and am too anxious to join the circle of people. I have also joined a society but with everything online rn and everyone in the societies being 2nd and 3rd years it's difficult to make friends there too. I have tried everything to make friends at university now. I am scared because I feel like I'm supposed to be alone or something because I tried everything and still have no friends. Everyone else has 2nd year housing sorted, and done it behind my back. I'm scared, sad and wanting some friends. I just want a hug and for someone to tell me that I will be okay
It’s harder then ever this year.

Lots of the opportunities to meet people and socially interact in a casual manor has been restricted due to the COVID rules.

I would encourage you to try and and speak to more people, perhaps try a 2nd society as well. Or message more people on your course. Often the hardest thing to do is make the first move, send the first message. Once you find one or two people they’ll probably introduce you to more people but often you need to be the proactive engaged in meeting new people even tho this can be hard if you have anxiety.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
It’s harder then ever this year.

Lots of the opportunities to meet people and socially interact in a casual manor has been restricted due to the COVID rules.

I would encourage you to try and and speak to more people, perhaps try a 2nd society as well. Or message more people on your course. Often the hardest thing to do is make the first move, send the first message. Once you find one or two people they’ll probably introduce you to more people but often you need to be the proactive engaged in meeting new people even tho this can be hard if you have anxiety.
I have done all that despite anxiety and it hasn't worked. I'm sick of everything being hard for me. Thank you for your advice but I feel like when I was made by god, he was like I'm going to test this boy make life difficult for him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (33)
23.74%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
43.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (21)
15.11%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.88%

Watched Threads