The Student Room Group

Need your help Oxford students!

Hey! I am doing some research for a screenplay I'm writing for a film which largely takes place at the university. My query is: Is there a bell or alarm or signal of any sort that alerts you that it's time for your next lesson/period?

i'm sure i will have more queries at a later time but this is all for now. Much appreciated and good luck with all your courses and careers you clever cookies
No at all. There is no university wide schedule for when 'lessons' start or finish, so certainly no bells. Plus due to the college system, this would make even less sense
Where are you from out of interest?
Original post by Ajaxze
Hey! I am doing some research for a screenplay I'm writing for a film which largely takes place at the university. My query is: Is there a bell or alarm or signal of any sort that alerts you that it's time for your next lesson/period?

i'm sure i will have more queries at a later time but this is all for now. Much appreciated and good luck with all your courses and careers you clever cookies

In case it helps, although there are no signals for the end of lectures etc, there are a lot of church/chapel bells that sound during the day. In particular, Great Tom at Christ Church famously rings 101 times at five past nine every evening and may be heard throughout the centre of town.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Mrepic Foulger
Where are you from out of interest?

where do you think? There's only one oxford uni and that's in england lol. this is also a UK site

and thanks for the replies everyone else, i ended up finding this information out before returning here from local discord server, i kinda forgot i put this here lol
Original post by Ajaxze
where do you think? There's only one oxford uni and that's in england lol. this is also a UK site

and thanks for the replies everyone else, i ended up finding this information out before returning here from local discord server, i kinda forgot i put this here lol

I didn't ask which Oxford, I asked where are you from, and you could be from anywhere, Oxford is an internationally recognised uni.
Reply 6
Original post by Mrepic Foulger
I didn't ask which Oxford, I asked where are you from, and you could be from anywhere, Oxford is an internationally recognised uni.

I don't see why where I am from is of any use, plus this is the internet, no matter what I say I could be lying and you have no proof so what does it matter lol
Original post by Ajaxze
I don't see why where I am from is of any use, plus this is the internet, no matter what I say I could be lying and you have no proof so what does it matter lol

I think they just asked out of interest and/or to get background information so your question can be answered better. They aren't trying to track you down...
Original post by Ajaxze

Why are you getting so pressed about this? It was literally a simple question out of curiosity
Original post by AzureDreamer
I think they just asked out of interest and/or to get background information so your question can be answered better. They aren't trying to track you down...

Exactly... I wasn't asking for an address literally just country lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending