if you think about them does that mean they are thinking about you?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So yes I know this sounds stupid and weird and I know I’m going to get a few people saying what are you on

but for example

A friend that you was close with and you had a good connection with her but she left your country so you won’t see her for a few years
And there’s no way in connecting her like no social media or her number
But obviously time to time things get in the way so your going to forget about her for a few weeks

But the question is
When your just doing your business like working or watching a film and that person just pops up in your mind for no reason and you Start thinking about her even tho u haven’t been thinking about her for a while and you get very emotional

does that mean you know that person is also thinking about you as well
Or am I just being pathetic and missing her and have to let her go

Bye the way we r both girls who was close (friends)
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. Just because you are thinking about someone doesn't mean it's reciprocated. What makes you think someone would be thinking about you at the exact same moment?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
No. Just because you are thinking about someone doesn't mean it's reciprocated. What makes you think someone would be thinking about you at the exact same moment?
Because I wouldn’t be thinking about her for a few months and then randomly will be thinking about her
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Because I wouldn’t be thinking about her for a few months and then randomly will be thinking about her
And? That's just you. It's not some kind of psychic connection where the other person is thinking of you so you think of them, which is what you asked about.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
It really does seem absolutely insane and ridiculous and honestly, it probably is but speaking from my personal experience I've had this happen to me and although I usually don't believe in these superstitious things, I also can't help but wonder the same thing.
Me and my ex-boyfriend were extremely close and dated for nearly two years, we clicked instantly and we would laugh at the stupidest things and just had an overall amazing time together. But unfortunately, he broke up with me and although we talked for a while after the breakup, we eventually stopped talking for over 6 months. Obviously I was devastated at first but after a while, I started (slowly) getting over him. I would still think of him every day but it wasn't to the point where I would cry every day. One night I felt weirdly extremely sad over him (I actually wrote in my journal thing that something felt off) and just went out on my balcony at like 3AM just crying my eyes out over him because I missed him so much. And despite not talking to him for over 6 months, he suddenly texted me at 3AM that night - that odd night I randomly missed him so much.

This actually happened like twice more afterwards so...
It seems super stupid but I really do feel a connection with him and somehow this may be connected it makes absolutely no sense but yeah. (Sorry for sharing my life story)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
It really does seem absolutely insane and ridiculous and honestly, it probably is but speaking from my personal experience I've had this happen to me and although I usually don't believe in these superstitious things, I also can't help but wonder the same thing.
Me and my ex-boyfriend were extremely close and dated for nearly two years, we clicked instantly and we would laugh at the stupidest things and just had an overall amazing time together. But unfortunately, he broke up with me and although we talked for a while after the breakup, we eventually stopped talking for over 6 months. Obviously I was devastated at first but after a while, I started (slowly) getting over him. I would still think of him every day but it wasn't to the point where I would cry every day. One night I felt weirdly extremely sad over him (I actually wrote in my journal thing that something felt off) and just went out on my balcony at like 3AM just crying my eyes out over him because I missed him so much. And despite not talking to him for over 6 months, he suddenly texted me at 3AM that night - that odd night I randomly missed him so much.

This actually happened like twice more afterwards so...
It seems super stupid but I really do feel a connection with him and somehow this may be connected it makes absolutely no sense but yeah. (Sorry for sharing my life story)
Thank you so much
And I’m really sorry to hear that I hope your well now
And plz don’t be sorry
It’s just so werid where u don’t really think about that person and then one day they will come to your mind and then get so emotional
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (79)
18.29%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.7%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (162)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.5%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.01%

Watched Threads