Plagiarism/ sharing work with friend at uni

Watch
Joe021
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I sent my assignment to a friend at uni. When it came to submission, we uploaded our assignments around the same time. My similarity was extremely high (although) everything was in my own words and my friend's similarity was extremely low. I checked to see where my work was plagiarised from, it showed 'from another report submitted to the same uni'. Will I get in trouble? As this was my work, I'm so annoyed. I'd be grateful for your advice
Joe021
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I sent my assignment to a friend at uni. When it came to submission, we uploaded our assignments around the same time. My similarity was extremely high although everything was in my own words and my friend's similarity was extremely low. I checked to see where my work was plagiarised from, it showed 'from another report submitted to the same uni'. Will I get in trouble? As this was my work, I'm so annoyed. I'd be grateful for any advice
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Lesson learned... never share ur work with others lol. Sometimes even if people don’t want to plagiarise, they’ll be influenced by other people’s work if they get the chance to see it.

You may get confronted about plagiarism if the similarities similar, or your submission may be penalised. But if you can prove to the uni that you sent them ur work prior to submission, it may work in your favour? Idk.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes it will quite probably be flagged up and investigated for plagiarism. Knowingly permitting your work to be copied is termed 'collusion' - helping someone else commit plagiarism. This is investigated and penalised in exactly the same way as plagiarism would be.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads