The Student Room Group

Extra Funding

I attended one university and dropped out due to physical illness. I then attended a different university and dropped out due to mental health.
It has been two years and I want to get university done this time, but I am worried about funding the course.
I have a letter from my second university on headed paper saying that I left due to mental health. Should I provide more evidence? For example I have a statement I sent to the university about my withdrawal, could this be useful? I have no doctors note or anything, due to moving around so much I didn't see a doctor consistently to get any help.
And as I am applying, where would I attach these letters or evidence? Because I am currently filling out the form and have not seen anywhere to attach anything.
Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by Roonil_WazIib
I attended one university and dropped out due to physical illness. I then attended a different university and dropped out due to mental health.
It has been two years and I want to get university done this time, but I am worried about funding the course.
I have a letter from my second university on headed paper saying that I left due to mental health. Should I provide more evidence? For example I have a statement I sent to the university about my withdrawal, could this be useful? I have no doctors note or anything, due to moving around so much I didn't see a doctor consistently to get any help.
And as I am applying, where would I attach these letters or evidence? Because I am currently filling out the form and have not seen anywhere to attach anything.
Thanks for your help :smile:

Hi there, is this full time or part time.
Thanks, Isaac
Full time on both courses, and for the course I have applied for now. I have an unconditional offer for my course, just concerned regarding the funding. Thanks so much for your help
Full time on both courses, and for the course I have applied for now. I have an unconditional offer for my course, just concerned regarding the funding. Thanks so much for your help

Students can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

With 2 years of previous study, you will need to self fund the first year of your new course unless you have Compelling personal reasons, you can find out more about the evidence here http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm

The professional evidence must specifically state how your studies were affected and show dates.
Evidence can be uploaded in your online account and can take up to 8 weeks to be reviewed.
Thanks, Isaac
My letter is from the university, I recieved it this month, with the date of when I withdrew and says "can confirm you withdrew from your studies on x course at x University on x date, on the grounds of mental health. If you should have any queries contact x with signature" - I'm just wondering if this is enough? Or I should send personal details of what happened, or ask the university to provide further details? - also so sorry but where do I upload the documents to my account?
My letter is from the university, I recieved it this month, with the date of when I withdrew and says "can confirm you withdrew from your studies on x course at x University on x date, on the grounds of mental health. If you should have any queries contact x with signature" - I'm just wondering if this is enough? Or I should send personal details of what happened, or ask the university to provide further details? - also so sorry but where do I upload the documents to my account?

If it doesn't specifically state how your studies were affected then I don't think it will be accepted.

If you are an SFE full time applicant then you will see a green upload button when you expand your application.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply