Guilt about going back to work

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I had covid 19 and its been 2 weeks since I developed symptoms but I'm fine now with no symptoms but my family are still really ill. I work with vulnerable people who get ill really quickly and I'm scared I will pass something on to them as they haven't left their house since March.
Anonymous #1
My family are saying to me if you give them something and they get critically ill don't come back crying to us. I've only had this job for 2 weeks and I only plan on keeping it for another 1 to 2 months and I'm just scared ill giving them covid and they will become really ill from it.
Anonymous #1
I have to do personal care for them too.
username1060297
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get a test done? Why haven’t you done that yet? In the mean time, tell them the truth; that you need to do a test.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ki Yung Na)
Get a test done? Why haven’t you done that yet? In the mean time, tell them the truth; that you need to do a test.
I've had a test it was positive so I've isolated for 2 weeks from when my symptoms started I tried to get another test but they said I can't get another one as I have recently had one.
username1060297
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've had a test it was positive so I've isolated for 2 weeks from when my symptoms started I tried to get another test but they said I can't get another one as I have recently had one.
Then do as the rules say. As others in your home are ill, you either have to be tested again or you have to wait till they are confirmed better or without Covid. I’m pretty sure that’s the rules?

As for your workplace. They will have to accept it, it is law.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have to do personal care for them too.
What do the rules say? Follow the science.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by threeportdrift)
What do the rules say? Follow the science.
I don't know what the rules say. I I think as long as I have no symptoms I can go back.
Anonymous #1
But people in my family still have a temperature and a cough and I am in contact with them.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But people in my family still have a temperature and a cough and I am in contact with them.
But as you've just had it you won't be able to catch it again for a while which is why the rules say you are able to return to work
Anonymous #1
(Original post by harrysbar)
But as you've just had it you won't be able to catch it again for a while which is why the rules say you are able to return to work
I just spoke to someone from NHS 119 and they said I need to wait until everyone in my house has no temperature for 48 hours before I return to work because I am in contact with them. I can't see this on the NHS website and it's so confusing.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just spoke to someone from NHS 119 and they said I need to wait until everyone in my house has no temperature for 48 hours before I return to work because I am in contact with them. I can't see this on the NHS website and it's so confusing.
That's strange as a friend of mine just returned to work after self isolating for 2 weeks even though her daughter still has a temperature :confused:

That was the advice she was given so I don't know.
Anonymous #1
That's strange as a friend of mine just returned to work after self isolating for 2 weeks even though her daughter still has a temperature :confused:

That was the advice she was given so I don't know.
This is all so confusing it doesn't say that on the NHS website and they've told me that on the phone and I don't know whether to tell my employer or not.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is all so confusing it doesn't say that on the NHS website and they've told me that on the phone and I don't know whether to tell my employer or not.
I would phone your employer and tell them everything you have told us and let them decide what you should do
Anonymous #1
I would phone your employer and tell them everything you have told us and let them decide what you should do
I keep getting different advice from everyone and I think I should be able to return to work as I haven't had a temperature or any symptoms in like 5 days, so my parents could have a temperature for the next month would that mean I don't go back to work for that long? I
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I keep getting different advice from everyone and I think I should be able to return to work as I haven't had a temperature or any symptoms in like 5 days, so my parents could have a temperature for the next month would that mean I don't go back to work for that long? I
No that would be ridiculous.
Anonymous #1
No that would be ridiculous.
I have a shift on Monday Tuesday and then a shift on Wednesday I think i will cancel my Monday and Tuesday shifts and go back in Wednesday.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads