username5495990
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys my name is Alice! I'm a 17-year-old student in the UK currently preparing for A-Levels. I would like to study medicine. I hope you enjoy this thread .

My predicted grades
Spoiler:
Show
Mathematics - A* (Edexcel)
Biology - A* (AQA)
Chemistry - A* (OCR)
Computer Science - A* (Edexcel)

My GCSE grades
Spoiler:
Show
Mathematics - 9
English lit and lang - 9,9
Triple science - 9,9,9
History - 9
Geography - 9
French - 9
Spanish - 9
Latin - 9
Computer Science - 9
Economics - 9
Art - 6 she was never here... she's a hallucination

My entrance exams scores
Spoiler:
Show
UCAT - 3300
BMAT -
S1 - 8.8
S2 - 8.1
S3 - 4A

The universities I've applied to
Spoiler:
Show
Cambridge for medicine
UCL for medicine
Imperial for medicine
Southampton for medicine
St George's for biomedical sciences
Haven't heard from any of them (other than acknowledgment) so I'm a little worried

My hobbies and interests
Spoiler:
Show
I really love gaming. I play any game so if you're interested in playing with me sometime, hmu
I also enjoy playing the piano for fun. It calms me down and makes me feel accomplished when I learn how to play a new song
I also love listening to music, though I don't have any favourites because I listen to music on repeat until I get bored

Random things about me
Spoiler:
Show
- I'm a female, but you could probably guess that
- I've got 4 siblings and a niece who I look after primarily after the passing of my brother
- I'm a Leo (12th of August 2003)
- Love mcyt <3
- and anime
- I'm bisexual
- Probably update when I have a brain and know more about myself

Objectives
Spoiler:
Show
- Achieve my predicted grades
- Go to a med school the first time applying (unlikely though, some people got offers and I haven't , congrats to you guys though!!)
- Survive A-Level stress
- Use this thread productively
- Once again my brain is blank so I'll update when ik what I'm doing

How am I using this?
Spoiler:
Show
I'll be posting my daily checklists and updating them as I go through. I might post my notes and answers to questions as well, but please do not take them and publish them elsewhere. I don't mind if you use them for your own revision. I'd also love to make friends with other people on this wonderful website and I hope to motivate people to study.
Last edited by username5495990; 1 month ago
username3902894
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what cam college have you applied to x
username5495990
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaGorl)
what cam college have you applied to x
St Catherine's! How about you?
username3902894
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AliceWonderful)
St Catherine's! How about you?
downing - well done on your absolutely insane bmat score, you smashed it xx
username5495990
Rep:
?
downing - well done on your absolutely insane bmat score, you smashed it xx
Good luck and thanks alot! It's a shame because some trolls lied about their BMAT score so everyone on the thread now assumes that people with high marks are lying. Oh well, what can you do. If it makes them feel better about themselves then they can do what they like, but I have been revising since mid-year 12 for these entrance exams, so it kinda hurts you know?
username3902894
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AliceWonderful)
Good luck and thanks alot! It's a shame because some trolls lied about their BMAT score so everyone on the thread now assumes that people with high marks are lying. Oh well, what can you do. If it makes them feel better about themselves then they can do what they like, but I have been revising since mid-year 12 for these entrance exams, so it kinda hurts you know?
i get it - i think w the influx of fake bmat scores on the thread people are quite skeptical when they see high scores so when people like you acc achieve them it makes it harder to believe. but don't let it get to you - i wish you the best in your application x how're you starting/doing interview prep
username5495990
Rep:
?
i get it - i think w the influx of fake bmat scores on the thread people are quite skeptical when they see high scores so when people like you acc achieve them it makes it harder to believe. but don't let it get to you - i wish you the best in your application x how're you starting/doing interview prep
Thank you so much! I wish you the best as well I've been practicing a few weeks ago by doing practice interviews with my siblings and teachers at school. The questions on medic portal are super useful, so I'm trying to come up with an answer to all of them so I can be ready for what they ask. Slightly worried about the cambridge interview since it's science-y questions as well
Nerdythings
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by username5495990)
Hey guys my name is Alice! I'm a 17-year-old student in the UK currently preparing for A-Levels. I would like to study medicine. I hope you enjoy this thread .

My predicted grades
Spoiler:
Show
Mathematics - A* (Edexcel)
Biology - A* (AQA)
Chemistry - A* (OCR)
Computer Science - A* (Edexcel)

My GCSE grades
Spoiler:
Show
Mathematics - 9
English lit and lang - 9,9
Triple science - 9,9,9
History - 9
Geography - 9
French - 9
Spanish - 9
Latin - 9
Computer Science - 9
Economics - 9
Art - 6 she was never here... she's a hallucination

My entrance exams scores
Spoiler:
Show
UCAT - 3300
BMAT -
S1 - 8.8
S2 - 8.1
S3 - 4A

The universities I've applied to
Spoiler:
Show
Cambridge for medicine
UCL for medicine
Imperial for medicine
Southampton for medicine
St George's for biomedical sciences
Haven't heard from any of them (other than acknowledgment) so I'm a little worried

My hobbies and interests
Spoiler:
Show
I really love gaming. I play any game so if you're interested in playing with me sometime, hmu
I also enjoy playing the piano for fun. It calms me down and makes me feel accomplished when I learn how to play a new song
I also love listening to music, though I don't have any favourites because I listen to music on repeat until I get bored

Random things about me
Spoiler:
Show
- I'm a female, but you could probably guess that
- I've got 4 siblings and a niece who I look after primarily after the passing of my brother
- I'm a Leo (12th of August 2003)
- Love mcyt <3
- and anime
- I'm bisexual
- Probably update when I have a brain and know more about myself

Objectives
Spoiler:
Show
- Achieve my predicted grades
- Go to a med school the first time applying (unlikely though, some people got offers and I haven't , congrats to you guys though!!)
- Survive A-Level stress
- Use this thread productively
- Once again my brain is blank so I'll update when ik what I'm doing

How am I using this?
Spoiler:
Show
I'll be posting my daily checklists and updating them as I go through. I might post my notes and answers to questions as well, but please do not take them and publish them elsewhere. I don't mind if you use them for your own revision. I'd also love to make friends with other people on this wonderful website and I hope to motivate people to study.
Your grades are amazing!! What tips do you have for someone that’s sitting the bmat this year? (i’m in year 12)
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Nerdythings)
Your grades are amazing!! What tips do you have for someone that’s sitting the bmat this year? (i’m in year 12)
They deleted their account, unfortunately. Sorry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (53)
17.97%
No one else does (92)
31.19%
I'm embarrassed about my background (32)
10.85%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (99)
33.56%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.03%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.03%

Watched Threads