Logic Gate Design

Watch this thread
Wael46
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm New to the logic gate, and I am a bit confused about how it works can anyone advise me on what to do regarding this :Name:  Logic gate.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  97.0 KB
Last edited by Wael46; 1 year ago
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
You have to consider , logically, the table of inputs and that desired output. And flow the signals through from input to output, like a puzzle.

“Logic gates” as such are rather old-fashioned, I’d implement this warning system inside a PLC , (programmable logic controller using ladder logic), but the gates do still exist, in logic.
I might implement it with an open source Arduino, with a Relay shield - that’s fairly good for home experimentation with logic & inputs & components - very cheap & fun to play with....great Xmas present!

So you have to workout what combination of AND , OR thoughts will get you to a situation where W is either buzzing ‘alarm’ or being silently watchful.

(They often throw-in the negative or inverse logic functions, NAND, NOR, [in the past I made NOT gates by blowing-up one of the CMOS silicon chips, whatever input you give that, you’d get no output whatsoever] you probably won’t need my version of NOT gates in this design, but the original idea of simply inverting using a NOT)

So consider that you might need to invert one signal, and draw up a few versions on scrap A4, then try to reduce the complexity, it’s simple - once you think like a machine!

Helpful page to get you started at university of Surrey
http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Projects/...sfunc/#notgate

Good luck
Last edited by LuigiMario; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
20.39%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
11.65%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (7)
6.8%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (17)
16.5%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
22.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
22.33%

Watched Threads