Managing multiple assignments at once

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi

Iv got about 5 university assignments due in January and I am totally and utter overwhelmed and feel unable to cope with them and completely them . One of them is a statistics based assignment that I am totally useless at
Hows the best way to tackle when they set multiple at once like this?
Like wtf im gonna totally fail and **** this up
Please help 🤢😭
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi

Iv got about 5 university assignments due in January and I am totally and utter overwhelmed and feel unable to cope with them and completely them . One of them is a statistics based assignment that I am totally useless at
Please help 🤢😭
When you're overwhelmed the best response is to break the problem down into smaller chunks.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Allocate time for each, but also for breaks and relaxation. Get some help for the one you are struggling with. Don’t feel like everything needs to be perfect. It’s common to feel this way and part of the uni experience is about developing time management and resilience skills.
Desideri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If they’ve already been set now, and you have until January, you can just divide up your time between now and then. Don’t think “I have 5 assignments due on 10th Jan!” or whatever, just act as though they have different deadlines. So get one done this week, one next week, etc.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Desideri)
If they’ve already been set now, and you have until January, you can just divide up your time between now and then. Don’t think “I have 5 assignments due on 10th Jan!” or whatever, just act as though they have different deadlines. So get one done this week, one next week, etc.
This. OP, when I had 3 essays due in within days of each other, I divided up my time (i.e. the month prior) so I spent 2 days on essay 1, then 2 days on essay 2, etc. until either they were done or needed more work.

To prioritise your work think about:
~ Which essay requires the most research/preparation
~ Which essay is due in first
~ Which essay you feel the most confident about
abi_nicholls
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi

Please help 🤢😭
Hi, take today off you need it haha. Don't worry you have lots of time, I recently had 3 assignments in within the same week, I know how you feel. My advice is to start them now, do a bit of each every day. Try using a planner and split up the word count by how many weeks you have left to do them, try to hit each word count by the end of the week (This works well for me). I'm not sure if this makes sense so here is an example if your coursework is 1000 words and you have 4 weeks that's 250 words a week or 36 words a day, good luck!!
ashyk001a
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hope they're not 3000 words like mine and have 3 due on different days in Jan. I start with earliest first but look at the descriptors and aim for 50%, do this for all then if time allows and this depends on your organisation and endurance, revisit and add or chsnge to earn more marks, i would recommend a 1-2-1 tutorial to check progress with tutor. Good luck, dont waste energy asking anymore as there has been some great advice given now start doing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (64)
17.49%
No one else does (118)
32.24%
I'm embarrassed about my background (38)
10.38%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (125)
34.15%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.64%
I don't have a camera (8)
2.19%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed