What to bring royal mail xmas casual first day?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, i got an offer of employment 2 days ago and i start tomorrow. On the website when i log in it says “we look forward to meeting you” but it doesn’t say anything about what to bring / what to wear and where to go?

it doesn’t even mention my start time. I know what my start time is because i accepted the job but there is no where that this information is given to me?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ask Royal Mail!
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, i got an offer of employment 2 days ago and i start tomorrow. On the website when i log in it says “we look forward to meeting you” but it doesn’t say anything about what to bring / what to wear and where to go?

it doesn’t even mention my start time. I know what my start time is because i accepted the job but there is no where that this information is given to me?

i've done that job in the past. just wear something comfortable, no need for special clothes. if you are working night shift make sure you bring some food in case the canteen is not serving at night. back when i was working there the canteen staff did not come in at night. this may have changed now as i know a lot of people wanted it changed. bring some spare cash too for vending machines in case you decide to buy some snacks or a cup of tea.

when you show up, you'll go to the main gate and tell the receptionist who you are and they'll open the gate.

if you are working in the area where the vans are being loaded or unloaded this is the best place to work as your manager will not be there with you the majority of the time so you can go and take lots of unofficial breaks and extended lunch break. if you are working in the main area where the majority of people are working then it will be harder to get unofficial breaks as your manager will be constantly in the room monitoring the staff ....
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
thank you !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.46%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (129)
28.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (167)
36.7%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (61)
13.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.08%

Watched Threads