GF refuses to marry me unless I buy a house

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I proposed to my current gf. She said yes but she refuses to marry me unless I buy a house. What do you guys think of this? Should I be taking this seriously?
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can she not buy her own house if she wants one so badly?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
Can she not buy her own house if she wants one so badly?
It would be difficult...She doesn’t have enough savings to put down as a deposit
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It would be difficult...She doesn’t have enough savings to put down as a deposit
That's her problem, then. Why should you pay for a home she gets to live in for free?

(s2g if this is another troll...)
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Well if you can’t afford it you need to tell her instead of coming on student room about it. If she doesn’t understand then she ain’t the one.
katiegsu5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I proposed to my current gf. She said yes but she refuses to marry me unless I buy a house. What do you guys think of this? Should I be taking this seriously?
does she mean buying a house together or you buying it yourself? i think she just wants to make sure you’re serious about her if this makes sense lol?

buying a house is kind of a ‘typical move’ for a married couple or married couple to be, so maybe this is like the next step for her? buying a house is a big commitment and maybe this a way for her to see if you’re serious about marriage and want to have a life together with her!

if you both can’t afford it i don’t think you should do it! wait until you’re BOTH in a better place financially and then buy a house. this might mean you’ll have to postpone getting married for a while but i think that this is the best option for the both of you! if you’re going to buy a house it should be WITH her not you buying it alone!!

hope this helps!
Last edited by katiegsu5; 1 month ago
EU Yakov
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
sounds like a *****y parasite of a human being. she shouldn't be approaching what is typically a COUPLE goal in this country as if it's something that you alone are responsible for.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by katiegsu5)
does she mean buying a house together or you buying it yourself? i think she just wants to make sure you’re serious about her if this makes sense lol?

buying a house is kind of a ‘typical move’ for a married couple or married couple to be, so maybe this is like the next step for her? buying a house is a big commitment and maybe this a way for her to see if you’re serious about marriage and want to have a life together with her!

if you both can’t afford it i don’t think you should do it! wait until you’re BOTH in a better place financially and then buy a house. this might mean you’ll have to postpone getting married for a while but i think that this is the best option for the both of you! if you’re going to buy a house it should be WITH her not you buying it alone!!

hope this helps!
Thank you good sir
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed