npic9
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’m applying to go to another better university next year she decided that I should pick up 1 a level. I’m planning to study law so what easy a levels are there that I can do within 8-9 months ( not geography )
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by npic9)
So I’m applying to go to another better university next year she decided that I should pick up 1 a level. I’m planning to study law so what easy a levels are there that I can do within 8-9 months ( not geography )
I think a lot of them could be done in that time, especially if you aren't studying any others and can dedicate more than the usual 5 hours of lesson time a week (plus practice). Your best bet would be one without coursework or practicals or spoken exams (i.e. one you can just turn up and sit a few exam papers in at the end). What sort of things are you interested in?
SchmuckOff
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by npic9)
History ?
Perhaps even PE
itchinandburnin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sociology is usually seen as an easy A level
npic9
Rep:
?
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
History ?
Perhaps even PE
I’ve done history, it was my hardest a level lol
npic9
Rep:
?
(Original post by itchinandburnin)
Sociology is usually seen as an easy A level
I’ve done sociology too, but yeah you’re right it was a pretty easy subject compared to others
wl007
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
History is v easy once you crack the exam structure. Only a middle-ish knowledge of the content is required
npic9
Rep:
?
(Original post by wl007)
History is v easy once you crack the exam structure. Only a middle-ish knowledge of the content is required
I agree for the exam structure but the content for it was heavy. I had to do the stuarts and nazi Germany alongside doing imperialism in South America for coursework.
npic9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interea)
I think a lot of them could be done in that time, especially if you aren't studying any others and can dedicate more than the usual 5 hours of lesson time a week (plus practice). Your best bet would be one without coursework or practicals or spoken exams (i.e. one you can just turn up and sit a few exam papers in at the end). What sort of things are you interested in?
I’m at university rn just don’t like the university and it’s too late to drop out so I’d rather do another a level on the side so I can get into the uni I wanted to go too
Interea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by npic9)
I’m at university rn just don’t like the university and it’s too late to drop out so I’d rather do another a level on the side so I can get into the uni I wanted to go too
Yeah you still probably have enough time, why is it too late to drop out though? Might as well save the extra £6000ish on tuition if you're planning to start over anyway.

In terms of subjects, maths would be doable - we did maths in less than an academic year at school on top of all our subjects, so doing it alongside uni would be possible.
npic9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interea)
Yeah you still probably have enough time, why is it too late to drop out though? Might as well save the extra £6000ish on tuition if you're planning to start over anyway.

In terms of subjects, maths would be doable - we did maths in less than an academic year at school on top of all our subjects, so doing it alongside uni would be possible.
I’m so bad at maths, props to anyone who’s good at. I’d drop out this year but sadly my parents are forcing me to stay. So I thought to do another a level so I can definitely get in.
Interea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by npic9)
I’m so bad at maths, props to anyone who’s good at. I’d drop out this year but sadly my parents are forcing me to stay. So I thought to do another a level so I can definitely get in.
Hmm maybe Business Studies then? I know my sister struggled with maths (dropped it after doing badly at AS), but really enjoyed business and ended up with an A.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
History ?
Perhaps even PE
Statistically, History is quite hard. Also, oth it and PE have NEA that make them very hard to achieve as a private candidates. Subjects without any NEA and relatively easy include: Sociology, Psychology, Politics, Law, Business.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.67%

Watched Threads