BPP Refund Terms, Warning to Future Students

Watch
Gmaster1980
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
BPP has some of the most unethical refund and cancellation terms in its contract of any university in the UK.

LPC students are liable for 50% of their fees from 4 weeks BEFORE their course start date to 10 weeks AFTER the start date. At the 10 week mark, students become liable to pay 100% of their fees.

Guess how many weeks after the August intake started did BPP decide to put all of their teaching online?

Contrast this with ULaw, which only requires 1/3 of the fees on the course start date, 2/3s of the fees 4 months from the start date (for full time non-accelerated students), and the final 1/3 7 months from the start date. Ulaw also takes a lower deposit up front.

I know there is a lot of debate over which uni to go to for your LPC, but for anyone thinking of self funding, law firms REALLY don't care where you did it. Go where you aren't treated unfairly.
EU Yakov
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so what happened was that they only told students about the move to online teaching on the day the students could no longer get a refund?
Last edited by EU Yakov; 1 month ago
Gmaster1980
Rep:
?
(Original post by EU Yakov)
so what happened was that they only told students about the move to online teaching on the day they could no longer get a refund?
Seems like it! I can't say with certainty, but the timing looks really bad.
EU Yakov
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gmaster1980)
Seems like it! I can't say with certainty, but the timing looks really bad.
thank god i wasn't in that position. don't blame those who would've wanted to cut their losses and run.

BPP Law School BPP University explain ^^
Last edited by BlinkyBill; 1 month ago
student2606
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am being pursued for £4000 by BPP for withdrawing from the BTC due to the poor quality of the online classes. I could not even hear the tutor and the visual kept freezing. I don't think that it's fair to have to pay £16,500 for an inaccessible course- it's not what I bargained for. BPP are vile, AVOID! They have little regard for their students. They also ignore most emails sent asking for assistance. I have made a formal complaint against them...
Last edited by BlinkyBill; 1 month ago
Gmaster1980
Rep:
?
(Original post by student2606)
I am being pursued for £4000 by BPP for withdrawing from the BTC due to the poor quality of the online classes. I could not even hear the tutor and the visual kept freezing. I don't think that it's fair to have to pay £16,500 for an inaccessible course- it's not what I bargained for. BPP are vile, AVOID! They have little regard for their students. They also ignore most emails sent asking for assistance. I have made a formal complaint against them...
I'm sorry to hear that. BPP really has no shame.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads