Abi_Moon34
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I chose to go to a new Sixth Form College instead of my secondary school’s Sixth Form and so far I have made great friends, the teachers seem supportive and will help you when you need it etc.

However, I feel as though it’s not the right sixth form and have so many doubts and urges to go to my secondary school’s sixth form. Especially for maths as I don’t feel I get the support I need and struggle in the subject too. The teacher at my old sixth form is someone I know too who is much more supportive.

I’m really stuck and am not sure whether to stay at the current school for the two years or move to the other sixth form (also much closer to me) BUT it’s been three months now which is very late. And I’m worried my parents would not be pleased even though I think they would be supportive.

Absolutely any help would be appreciated.
Also, it’s the same exam boards at both schools for all three subjects I’m taking.
Last edited by Abi_Moon34; 1 month ago
fluffymoffin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Abi_Moon34)
I chose to go to a new Sixth Form College instead of my secondary school’s Sixth Form and so far I have made great friends, the teachers seem supportive and will help you when you need it etc.

However, I feel as though it’s not the right sixth form and have so many doubts and urges to go to my secondary school’s sixth form. Especially for maths as I don’t feel I get the support I need and struggle in the subject too. The teacher at my old sixth form is someone I know too who is much more supportive.

I’m really stuck and am not sure whether to stay at the current school for the two years or move to the other sixth form (also much closer to me) BUT it’s been three months now which is very late. And I’m worried my parents would not be pleased even though I think they would be supportive.

Absolutely any help would be appreciated.
Also, it’s the same exam boards at both schools for all three subjects I’m taking.
Three months is not late. You should really go back to your old sixth form if that’s possible. At the end of the day it’s all about you. If you feel like you aren’t learning, it’s only going to affect you, your grades and your future. It’s also great that you are familiar with your teachers from your old school which means they can give you the help you need. Since you kust started sixth form, i’m assuming you’re in Year 12. Three months is absolutely nothing, you can easily catch up on your work within those three months. You don’t want to waste two whole years of your A-levels regretting that. During your summer break before you start Year 13 you can also do your catchup, as Year 13 exams include the Year 12 content. Since you already know the teachers, they can give you extra help catching up and I’m sure you will have no problem since it’s the same exam board.
Abi_Moon34
Rep:
?
(Original post by fluffymoffin)
Three months is not late. You should really go back to your old sixth form if that’s possible. At the end of the day it’s all about you. If you feel like you aren’t learning, it’s only going to affect you, your grades and your future. It’s also great that you are familiar with your teachers from your old school which means they can give you the help you need. Since you kust started sixth form, i’m assuming you’re in Year 12. Three months is absolutely nothing, you can easily catch up on your work within those three months. You don’t want to waste two whole years of your A-levels regretting that. During your summer break before you start Year 13 you can also do your catchup, as Year 13 exams include the Year 12 content. Since you already know the teachers, they can give you extra help catching up and I’m sure you will have no problem since it’s the same exam board.
my gosh, thank you so much for your words. Yes it does seem possible to move to my old sixth form and I would probably do better there. I’m not sure how to let my parents know this but don’t worry I’ll find a way as soon as I can. I cannot thank you enough.
Abi_Moon34
Rep:
?
Hello guys, so everyone keeps saying it’s not worth it to move back to my secondary school’s sixth form just because I don’t feel supported in maths and in general. Like it would get better? I’m not sure if this would be true.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed