How to find a job at 15?

Watch
nicole2005
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I really want to start working because i need money. I dont want to ask my parents for stuff anymore, i want to buy things I like by myself.
Any tips on how to get a job? And what job would be good for a teen?
ONatusch
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As a 15 year old, you cannot legally hold salaried employment as you do not have a national insurance number. You'll get one sent to you just before your 16th Birthday. I'd recommend offering to support family/friends with teaching their children subjects your particularly good at in school - it can be done over zoom/teams as well since you can't physically meet in person at the moment.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nicole2005)
I really want to start working because i need money. I dont want to ask my parents for stuff anymore, i want to buy things I like by myself.
Any tips on how to get a job? And what job would be good for a teen?
99% of places don't take people on until they are 16.
You could get a paper round
bethlead03
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most places don’t employ the under 16. But you could try for a paper round or look around in small cafes and restaurants. You could also volunteer at places - you probably wouldn’t get paid for this but it will help you to build up your CV and gain some work experience. Hope this helps you a little bit, Beth x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed