Can I revise all of Maths Biology and chemistry a level content from scratch?

Watch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have 6 months and I am a gap year student so I am revising from home, do you think I have enough time to learn all of maths, bio, and chem A level content, in this time, to get A*s? Also, I have not looked at A-level content since March and I have forgotten everything so I have to learn all the content from scratch.
A.B72
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 12115)
I have 6 months and I am a gap year student so I am revising from home, do you think I have enough time to learn all of maths, bio, and chem A level content, in this time, to get A*s? Also, I have not looked at A-level content since March and I have forgotten everything so I have to learn all the content from scratch.
If you already knew it seemingly well and you're just looking over content then I'd say you might get maybe an A, but if you've already forgotten most of it and you're having to relearn it all then honestly I don't have much hope for you. Biology in itself is bursting with content and Chemistry is so hard that the best way to retain it is to make sure you're going over it constantly. Good luck but please don't set yourself up with the mindset that you're going to get an A*
Rep:
?
(Original post by A.B72)
If you already knew it seemingly well and you're just looking over content then I'd say you might get maybe an A, but if you've already forgotten most of it and you're having to relearn it all then honestly I don't have much hope for you. Biology in itself is bursting with content and Chemistry is so hard that the best way to retain it is to make sure you're going over it constantly. Good luck but please don't set yourself up with the mindset that you're going to get an A*
Do you really think it is not possible?
Yo...
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 12115)
Do you really think it is not possible?
6 months is plenty of time. PLENTY. U can get 3 A*’s but only if u are willing to revise daily, 5-6 hours a day. Look after your health tho and take a day off every now and then. Good luck
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yo...)
6 months is plenty of time. PLENTY. U can get 3 A*’s but only if u are willing to revise daily, 5-6 hours a day. Look after your health tho and take a day off every now and then. Good luck
Thank you so much, for a second I was about to just give up
Yo...
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 12115)
Thank you so much, for a second I was about to just give up
No worries, good luck and lemme know how u get on
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yo...)
No worries, good luck and lemme know how u get on
Thank you! Have you already sat them?
Yo...
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 12115)
Thank you! Have you already sat them?
I have AAB in Bio Maths Chem. I sat Chem this autumn and I literally revised the whole content in a month as I juggled with the UCAT. After a month of intense revision, I covered the whole content and completed plenty of practice. I’m aiming for an A so hopefully it all goes well. Second paper was horrific tho so gonna have to wait and see
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yo...)
I have AAB in Bio Maths Chem. I sat Chem this autumn and I literally revised the whole content in a month as I juggled with the UCAT. After a month of intense revision, I covered the whole content and completed plenty of practice. I’m aiming for an A so hopefully it all goes well. Second paper was horrific tho so gonna have to wait and see
Ah hope it all goes well for you and I am sure you will get the A grade you wanted!
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're having to learn it all from scratch then A*s are unlikely...It's hard enough to achieve A* with 2 full years of learning. You need to take into account that you need time to both learn your content, revise it and then go over past papers. This isn't to demoralise you but to put things into perspective. If you work hard, then there's no reason why you can't achieve good grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.58%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (128)
28.32%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (166)
36.73%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (60)
13.27%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed