Segued
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Looking to replace a cheap TV we purchased several years ago with something with a bug better / clearer picture.

Currently have
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N1NRE..._6DLWFbDJTCGZC

What should I be looking for? What specification makes the picture better?

Looking to spend £300-400 similar size
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Segued)
Looking to replace a cheap TV we purchased several years ago with something with a bug better / clearer picture.

Currently have
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N1NRE..._6DLWFbDJTCGZC

What should I be looking for? What specification makes the picture better?

Looking to spend £300-400 similar size
There's a whole range of factors that dictate picture quality- resolution, panel type, peak brightness, HDR certification, contrast ratio and more all contribute towards image quality, and then there's less tangible things like some brands simply design and manufacture better quality panels than other brands, even with their panels having the same specs on paper.

For a sub-£400, sub-50" TV, you really can't go wrong with getting something from eithrr Samsung or Sony with 4K resolution and HDR certification, they make the best quality screens and you can generally rely on whatever they make with those specs to be terrific. For this weekend, and probably through Monday too, you can find 43" models from Samsung for around £300 quite easily, while for £400 you can find things closer to 50" if you wanted to go larger. Sony are pricier, but with all the deals between black Friday and Cyber Monday you might be able to find something from them for within your budget.
Last edited by Gofre; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (132)
61.4%
I don't have everything I need (83)
38.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise