a level revision need someones advice please

Watch
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
at GCSE i didnt make any notes or flashcards, but for A-level i want to as there's sooo much content and i want everything in one place so when it comes to revision i have it all.

but I'm getting really confused as to what I should do. ( basically i hv FOMO lol) . at the moment i have my class notes with extra bits of info from yt vids and CGP books added in. For some topics, I've made flashcards, but they take AGESSSS like i feel like it woudl take forever to put every bit of info from my notes into Quizlet for all y subjects (or even just physics and chemistry) and i feel like it maybe a waste of my time? wdut? should i just do it anyway, even if it takes ages? im scared i might miss out details. But my class/main notes are quite lengthy (eg like 25 double-sided pages of notes for the first two topics of waves. [btw the reason i want to make flashcards is to learn all the info, and so that I can re-look at it before tests and know that all the info is on there?]

Also, do you think i should make a summary mindmap for each topic? or is it too late. im scared it will take me ages lol but yeah it may help in the future to look at just that instead of all my notes? or is that just a waste of time

I study Maths further maths physics and chemistry and am in year 1.

also if someone does chemistry I need ur advice haha. everyone has recommended chem guide and stuff but i Haven't been referencing it so far cuz it looks so complicated, but i hv FOMO lol so do you think i should go back and read through all of chem guide for the topics we've done so far ins school? also is it just me or why does it look so complicated/overly detailed like there's stuff we haven't learnt in class yet, which is why im so hesitant to approach that website.

sorry, this post is all over the place but i just need some advice as im getting really confused and don't wanna regret my notes/method of revising in like two years time....

thank you so much
Last edited by vix.xvi; 1 month ago
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
also, in terms of notes, is there somewhere i can check to make sure I haven't missed any bits out? at the moment, for physics and chemistry, ive only cross-checked my notes with the CGP revision guide to make sure I haven't missed bits out but is the CGP book reliable in that sense? i just wanna make sure my notes are perfect' and not missing any info xx
akany:)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
at GCSE i didnt make any notes or flashcards, but for A-level i want to as there's sooo much content and i want everything in one place so when it comes to revision i have it all.

but I'm getting really confused as to what I should do. ( basically i hv FOMO lol) . at the moment i have my class notes with extra bits of info from yt vids and CGP books added in. For some topics, I've made flashcards, but they take AGESSSS like i feel like it woudl take forever to put every bit of info from my notes into Quizlet for all y subjects (or even just physics and chemistry) and i feel like it maybe a waste of my time? wdut? should i just do it anyway, even if it takes ages? im scared i might miss out details. But my class/main notes are quite lengthy (eg like 25 double-sided pages of notes for the first two topics of waves. [btw the reason i want to make flashcards is to learn all the info, and so that I can re-look at it before tests and know that all the info is on there?]

Also, do you think i should make a summary mindmap for each topic? or is it too late. im scared it will take me ages lol but yeah it may help in the future to look at just that instead of all my notes? or is that just a waste of time

I study Maths further maths physics and chemistry and am in year 1.

also if someone does chemistry I need ur advice haha. everyone has recommended chem guide and stuff but i Haven't been referencing it so far cuz it looks so complicated, but i hv FOMO lol so do you think i should go back and read through all of chem guide for the topics we've done so far ins school? also is it just me or why does it look so complicated/overly detailed like there's stuff we haven't learnt in class yet, which is why im so hesitant to approach that website.

sorry, this post is all over the place but i just need some advice as im getting really confused and don't wanna regret my notes/method of revising in like two years time....

thank you so much
as long as when making flashcards you really condense the notes because theres no point in having really long paragraphs of info. but if they are taking too long you try creating mind maps and seeing what your strengths and weakness are in a subject/try past papers. A good way to remember things is by repeating them out loud too so you could make short condensed mind maps and repeat the information almost like you are teaching someone.
I dont think making summary mind maps are a waste of time because if its summarising a topic then it's really useful.
Theres also this method were instead of writing words you rewrite notes using pictures so when looking at the pictures you remember what each thing is. Sadly I've forgotten the name if this.
hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (41)
18.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (63)
28.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (85)
38.12%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.24%

Watched Threads