How many dates before a relationship?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,
I'm currently going on dates with a girl I've recently met. I'm out of a relationship that lasted for three and a half years for three months now, and I do feel ready to move on. This is the first girl I've met since then that I feel a real connection with and could potentially see a relationship develop with, and she has confessed that she feels the same. My question is, how many dates would it generally take to move to the next step of a relationship? Any help is appreciated, thanks
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi all,
I'm currently going on dates with a girl I've recently met. I'm out of a relationship that lasted for three and a half years for three months now, and I do feel ready to move on. This is the first girl I've met since then that I feel a real connection with and could potentially see a relationship develop with, and she has confessed that she feels the same. My question is, how many dates would it generally take to move to the next step of a relationship? Any help is appreciated, thanks
It depends on the couple. It's a good thing to have a discussion about at the point where you feel ready to go 'official', to make sure you're both on the same page.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Once you’re bonking and calling them gf/bf rather than ‘seeing’
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends more on whether the two of you feel ready, if you both have the time & inclination to move on to the relationship stage.
Trust you gut instinct to let you know when you are ready for a relationship.
Good luck!
Adezo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on you guys but I would say do as many as possible (could be even 3) but let them be meaningful. Make sure to understand if you both are ready to commit in the relationship.
username5484956
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s subjective as there rally is not an answer. It depends on the couple and how quickly these progress in the stages - it could be the matter of 3 dates or over 15 in some cases. Every couple is different.

Besides when people rush to become official that’s when relationships never last.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrEwanA)
It’s subjective as there rally is not an answer. It depends on the couple and how quickly these progress in the stages - it could be the matter of 3 dates or over 15 in some cases. Every couple is different.

Besides when people rush to become official that’s when relationships never last.
I agree, and that's what I'm trying to avoid. I know I have strong feelings for this girl and I'm happy getting to know her, which I didn't think I'd find so soon after my last relationship, so I really don't want to mess it up by rushing things.
username5484956
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree, and that's what I'm trying to avoid. I know I have strong feelings for this girl and I'm happy getting to know her, which I didn't think I'd find so soon after my last relationship, so I really don't want to mess it up by rushing things.
Honestly, it’s best to take things slow instead of rushing into it.
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Rah some guys really do have it so easy when it comes to relationships. First 3 and a half years with one girl, then only 3 months single and pretty much immediately back to dating again. If you managed to make the previous one last so long, just carry on doing what you’re doing.
Delusion6
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
this is a how long is a piece of string question. theres no right answer, different things work for different girls. best thing to do is ask her at some point 'where you are in the relationship' its basically asking if there even is a relationship at all, is she actually interested or still making up her mind??
HS_1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
0 let’s skip small talk
Anonymous #1
(Original post by asif007)
Rah some guys really do have it so easy when it comes to relationships. First 3 and a half years with one girl, then only 3 months single and pretty much immediately back to dating again. If you managed to make the previous one last so long, just carry on doing what you’re doing.
I honestly just feel lucky if I'm being honest. Just be yourself, treat girls with respect and kindness and the right one will come along. Don't waste time on girls who don't like you back. The past three months I've just been working on myself and I met this girl quite unexpectedly.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Delusion6)
this is a how long is a piece of string question. theres no right answer, different things work for different girls. best thing to do is ask her at some point 'where you are in the relationship' its basically asking if there even is a relationship at all, is she actually interested or still making up her mind??
I think that's what I will do. She has admitted she sees it going somewhere, I just don't want to rush things either because I do have strong feelings for her.
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I honestly just feel lucky if I'm being honest. Just be yourself, treat girls with respect and kindness and the right one will come along. Don't waste time on girls who don't like you back. The past three months I've just been working on myself and I met this girl quite unexpectedly.
Speaking from experience, treating girls with “kindness and respect” gets you jailed in the friend zone. “Just be yourself” is pointless when you aren’t offering everything that a girl wants and girls don’t like you as you are. You’re probably younger than me and presumably been in lots of relationships already so I don’t expect you to see it from the view of guys who have always struggled with relationships.
username5484956
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by asif007)
Speaking from experience, treating girls with “kindness and respect” gets you jailed in the friend zone. “Just be yourself” is pointless when you aren’t offering everything that a girl wants and girls don’t like you as you are. You’re probably younger than me and presumably been in lots of relationships already so I don’t expect you to see it from the view of guys who have always struggled with relationships.
The friendzone doesn’t exist - it’s just a word used to describe how a girl doesn’t have feelings with you. However, I’ve been friends with girls who probably didn’t like me but we ended up data after while.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (82)
18.68%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (125)
28.47%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (164)
37.36%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (55)
12.53%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
2.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed