A Level Geography or Environmental Science?

Watch
slightlyinsane
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am going to take a levels Biology, French, Spanish and either Geography or Environmental Science (I want the choice to do either Zoology or Modern Languages at Uni, so I am going to take 4 alevels with 2 in languages and 2 in sciences). I am trying to decide between Geography and Environmental Science.

-In your opinion, which one is harder?
-Which one compliments the other subjects more?
-Which one has more relevant content?
-Which one would you reccomend I take?
Jaegis
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by slightlyinsane)
I am going to take a levels Biology, French, Spanish and either Geography or Environmental Science (I want the choice to do either Zoology or Modern Languages at Uni, so I am going to take 4 alevels with 2 in languages and 2 in sciences). I am trying to decide between Geography and Environmental Science.

-In your opinion, which one is harder?
-Which one compliments the other subjects more?
-Which one has more relevant content?
-Which one would you reccomend I take?
I don't know about which one is more difficult, but I'd recommend taking geography. It's a much harder subject than environmental studies (as in hard vs soft subjects, not difficulty), so it'll be easier for you later on when you apply for uni - mostly if you go for zoology.

Your choices could be an issue, though, if you choose zoology. Some places might be happy with just biology, but you may want to consider another science subject like chemistry or maths - I think geography and environmental science are considered science-related subjects, rather than full sciences, and this could narrow your options come time to apply. If you go for MFL, of course, that won't be a problem!

Take this with a pinch of salt, as I don't do geography or environmental sciences - this is just what I've got from a few googles and what little I already knew. Good luck, though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.08%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (97)
10.73%
Lack of purpose or motivation (112)
12.39%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.87%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (49)
5.42%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (100)
11.06%
Financial worries (62)
6.86%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.54%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (87)
9.62%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (74)
8.19%

Watched Threads