Adrian2004
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I have recently started A levels and I chose Media Studies, Spanish and Photography, and then I realised that media Studies wasn't for me so I decided to take German instead and when I joined the class I was a bit behind, and I'm not understanding any of the content that we are doing in lessons, also I'm struggling a lot with everything really and when I learn vocab I'm struggling a lot more than before and another issue is that that my two teachers instead of helping me make my life so much difficult, for example in a lesson I didn't understand a phrase that my teacher said, so all I did was ask what it meant and he just stared shouting at me for no reason what so ever.
hootdoot04
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you enjoy German?
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Drop it
Krokodilo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you have zero basics, A-level German was a really bad idea. But doesn't an A-level German class usually require that you have the basics from GCSE German?

If you did do GCSE German, you can still catch up by dedicating a lot of time and effort into systemtically revising and perhaps working with a good tutor. There are online resources classic printed revision guides en masse. You will need to speak with your teacher in the sense that you need advice, and if it's only someone who shows you what you've missed so far.

However, if you are generally struggling academically now at A-level, you will also need to check what you need, and if you can get the right support and environment that helps you evolve and improve in school. This can be very challenging and it's perfectly possible that you totally fail, if you don't address this consequently (speaking from own painful experience in the Gymnasium school here in Germany...)
Last edited by Krokodilo; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (311)
55.94%
I don't have everything I need (245)
44.06%

Watched Threads