The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
I got a welcome pack this morning :smile: it just had the student handbook, registration details and whatnot in. I think the departmental stuff comes separately?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Tasha-x
Oooh, Mason! Fancy! :biggrin:
Tell me about it! I'm not a very patient person! I just want to know what's going on! They could atleast have sent out a generic email saying what we are going to receive, and roughly when, just to put people's minds at rest!

Lol yeah, cant wait to move in! Which one are you in?
Oh btw, you know on the freshers fest website, what do they mean by hall timetables coming soon? timetables for what? :confused:
Reply 862
clozet
I got a welcome pack this morning :smile: it just had the student handbook, registration details and whatnot in. I think the departmental stuff comes separately?

I am now very jealous!! :p:
Reply 863
facetious
Lol yeah, cant wait to move in! Which one are you in?
Oh btw, you know on the freshers fest website, what do they mean by hall timetables coming soon? timetables for what? :confused:

I'm in Shackleton :smile:
I think that the events are done by halls maybe? So the people in Shackleton will be scheduled to do one thing, when Tennis courts are doing something else? I'm not sure, that's just what I thought it meant ...
clozet

I want one!!! LOL. Does everyone get a welcome pack, and the stuff from the department whether you are staying at home or in accomodation?
facetious
Yeah, paid the deposit. I hope so, I'm starting to worry about not receiving more information.. can only imagine how the people who havent even received an accommodation offer must be feeling! Got an offer for Mason :smile:

I found a time table a bit ago about when the moving in dates are for certain halls... but i can't find it now :eek:
Reply 866
funkiichiicka
I want one!!! LOL. Does everyone get a welcome pack, and the stuff from the department whether you are staying at home or in accomodation?

I think so, as it's the student handbook and registration log in whatsits. and the departmental stuff is your reading list etc so I'd hope that you'd get that!!
melting_snow
I found a time table a bit ago about when the moving in dates are for certain halls... but i can't find it now :eek:

Is it this http://www.as.bham.ac.uk/studentlife/welcome/induction/index.shtml, and then the links at the bottom for each day?
Right. I am now officially annoyed. I got the grades, I got my confirmation letter from UCAS, but I haven't heard anything from Birmingham (no pack in the post, not even an accommodation offer) and no-one's replied to my emails, and the deadline for accomodation offers is 1st September arrrrgh =/
Reply 869
Gremlins
Right. I am now officially annoyed. I got the grades, I got my confirmation letter from UCAS, but I haven't heard anything from Birmingham (no pack in the post, not even an accommodation offer) and no-one's replied to my emails, and the deadline for accomodation offers is 1st September arrrrgh =/

Same!

Although I don't have to worry about accomodation since I'm doing a gap year.
Reply 870
funkiichiicka
Oh, silly me, Yeah, I mean you, so confusing. :frown:

Yeah I know, I reallywanna but I think it will be too much of a distraction... I get distracted waaay easily

You're also doing maths?! :five:
Gremlins

I haven't received a pack either, what is taking them so long? I received few posts, but nothing relevant apart from confirmation letter
giran
You're also doing maths?! :five:

Lol. Do you mean that in a good or bad way?
Reply 873
funkiichiicka
Lol. Do you mean that in a good or bad way?

Good!

I'm also doing the same course, but i'm taking a year out. :smile:
For everybody that is interested, I emailed Freshers Fest and they told me that hall timetables will be up by the 10th September.
that's ages away!
but thanks for finding out
:biggrin:
Hey, I'm heading to Birmingham this year. Doing MEng Mechanical Engineering (Automotive). Can't wait, just got to get accommodation sorted since H.A.S are being dweebs about things.
Anyone still not recieved an information pack?
90 Bull3t Pr00f

Yup. Ain't received anything apart from the 'staying at home' thing
90 Bull3t Pr00f

still waiting also. though i have got my info pack for nursing.