Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've just had an interview invite. I've read that the 2 interviews may be split up into pure and applied but my mechanics/statistics is much weaker than my pure. Does anyone know if there is an even split between the two at interview and what sort of things to expect for applied questions?
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 892)
I've just had an interview invite. I've read that the 2 interviews may be split up into pure and applied but my mechanics/statistics is much weaker than my pure. Does anyone know if there is an even split between the two at interview and what sort of things to expect for applied questions?
It depends on the college how they do it, and personally I'd expect more pure stuff since the applied they can assume you've covered up to this point is really boring! If I was going to guess for applied questions, they could maybe ask some kind of probability thing (maybe bringing in binomial calculations and then shifting from that to combinatorics), or some kind of complicated mechanics problem involving things on angles, maybe making sure you know about moments/friction (or teaching you if you don't).

For my interviews I have 1 technical and 1 more general conversation about my motivations and interests and personal statement as such, and I really expect them to stick mostly to pure since applied questions are much less open ended and interesting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (387)
56.58%
I don't have everything I need (297)
43.42%

Watched Threads