The Student Room Group

I’m in my 20’s, yet I act like a 70 year old.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by candydiva
Thx for the idea! This sounds good. I will find it... it's prolly my type of movie yeah. "Industrial unrest" sounds so quaint in 2020 but I read a lil' about this in a pols class lolz! The papers featured an infamous dude called Derek Robinson aka "Red Robbo" does he feature? Amazon workers need this dude now...

As for beating Bond well maybe that was coz it was the 70s so Connery was out...that xplains the boxoffice drop for Bond.... r u talking Moonraker era for xample?

The On the Buses series should all be on YouTube, there is also a parody of it by Harry Enfield which is quite amusing.

The Mining Union was probably the most dramatic, they took down the government of Edward Heath (who brought the UK into the EU).

Amazon workers would need to find a stranglehold to succeed. What the miners did was a thing called “Flying Pickets” where they sent strikers to hit different sites simultaneously.

Eventually, in the 80’s coal storage ahead of time and other factors ended the miners power.
Reply 41
Original post by candydiva
Thx for the idea! This sounds good. I will find it... it's prolly my type of movie yeah. "Industrial unrest" sounds so quaint in 2020 but I read a lil' about this in a pols class lolz! The papers featured an infamous dude called Derek Robinson aka "Red Robbo" does he feature? Amazon workers need this dude now...

As for beating Bond well maybe that was coz it was the 70s so Connery was out...that xplains the boxoffice drop for Bond.... r u talking Moonraker era for xample?

Nope, it was Diamonds Are Forever in 1971 (with Connery) that the movie beat.
Reply 42
Original post by HS_1
I think nothing tht you've said sounds like a 70 yr old woman. You just sound responsible (esp w saving which young ppl struggle to do these days)? Good for u.

Original post by FinalFoe
I don’t like swearing, alcohol, tattoos or drugs or smoking, I don’t like contemporary tv and prefer programs and music from the 70’s and 80’s.

I worry about everything and I am constantly saving, so that I leave something to my family when I die.

At work, I don’t like discussing topics like sex and I love talking about past politics. I frequently find myself admonishing co-workers for discussing non-workplace appropriate subjects.

I am a man in my mid 20’s yet I act like a 70 year old woman.

First and second paragraphs describe me too but not the last. However, don’t think cause you have such taste you’re old, it’s your style and that, as cliche as it sounds, makes you the perfect you ever!
You don't sound old at all. I know plenty of older people who are exciting and enjoying life to the fullest. You just sound... dull.
The Conservative Party or (if they still exist) UKIP would welcome you with open arms. Remember the 16 year old from South Yorkshire who made a conference speech? He became Tory leader less than 20 years later.
Reply 46
Original post by Rufus the red
I'm looking forwards to that one (mainly due to my separate interest in the world wars) but as my family insist on watching it all together we're getting through it pitifully slowly.

The WW1 episodes have a different tone and the main character is a lot more relatable (given the appalling circumstances he is in), so they are well worth the wait.
Original post by FinalFoe
The WW1 episodes have a different tone and the main character is a lot more relatable (given the appalling circumstances he is in), so they are well worth the wait.

I'll look forwards to them. :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by barnetlad
The Conservative Party or (if they still exist) UKIP would welcome you with open arms. Remember the 16 year old from South Yorkshire who made a conference speech? He became Tory leader less than 20 years later.

True, Hague was unlucky that he had to fight Blair, the biggest Labour gun since Wilson and Attlee.

The line about most of the MP’s being dead by the time Hague’s generation came up was sublime.

Brown, Miliband, Corbyn and Starmer, Hague could have taken on easily.
Reply 49
Original post by sinfonietta
You don't sound old at all. I know plenty of older people who are exciting and enjoying life to the fullest. You just sound... dull.

Will just have to cough some Covid on them to even things up then.
:rolleyes: Don't worry, I am a 16 year old girl and I have the eact same view on swearing, drugs and I always save , just incase. Your not the only one who acts like an old person.:biggrin:
Reply 51
you sound fun
Why do you not like tattoos?

Quick Reply

Latest