The Student Room Group

tell me about these universities

Hi i'm in yr13 and i'm looking into universities and since we can't physically go to the universities can people who go here tell me about your experiences, if you regret your choice etc.. btw i'm a bit shy so the thing im worried most about is making friends.
- Winchester
- Northumbria
Original post by Anonymous
Hi i'm in yr13 and i'm looking into universities and since we can't physically go to the universities can people who go here tell me about your experiences, if you regret your choice etc.. btw i'm a bit shy so the thing im worried most about is making friends.
- Winchester
- Northumbria

1. dont worry at all about making friends
2. depends on what ur taking
- Winchester
- Northumbria

Hi I don’t go to either but try have a look on their websites! Maybe they have virtual tours available? If not, you may be able to email them and get a virtual leaflet or something?

Also, try university compare.com and whatuni.com to compare unis on a range of things, including student satisfaction! There’s also TEF ratings of uni found under thecompleteuniversityguide.do.uk

Just thought I’d give you some options in case students from those unis don’t see your post!

Tasha :-)
- Winchester
- Northumbria

Hello,

I work at the University of Winchester, so let me know if there is anything you would like to know about the city or University. Hopefully we will soon have some students available for you to talk to as well.

It's completely normal to be worried about making friends when starting University, everyone is in the same boat as you. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. Furthermore, Winchester is quite a compact and vertical campus, which does make it easier to get your bearings and you'll start to see the same faces around. So it's a great campus for meeting new people!

Luke

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending