The Student Room Group

How much free time should I have a day?

I’m doing 4 AS levels and I also run an Instagram page that I’m passionate about but it also requires a lot of my time. And I barely study because it’s so distracting.
I’ve considered just deleting the account but I have goals with it like growing it up to a 100k and then streaming on twitch. But at this rate I’m not gonna get the grades I want because it’s too distracting.
Should I delete the account for now and only focus on my AS levels? Or if not, how many hours a day would you recommend I spend on the account?
Original post by dylvn
I’m doing 4 AS levels and I also run an Instagram page that I’m passionate about but it also requires a lot of my time. And I barely study because it’s so distracting.
I’ve considered just deleting the account but I have goals with it like growing it up to a 100k and then streaming on twitch. But at this rate I’m not gonna get the grades I want because it’s too distracting.
Should I delete the account for now and only focus on my AS levels? Or if not, how many hours a day would you recommend I spend on the account?

Hi, I would make sure that you have plenty time to study each week, even just setting aside half an hour to an hour each afternoon. Also, continue doing things you enjoy. This instagram page sounds like its making you lose time which could be used for study. I would perhaps delete the account/ get someone to make up a new password and don't tell you until you've done with your AS grades. I would aim to spend less than around 5 hours per week on the account.
If it's not a day off from classes or work:

Three hours. One hour to cook and tidy up after coming home or plan for tomorrow or work out. Two hours for a film or several episodes or YouTube. I try to give myself three hours of relaxation before bed during the work week. I legit get angry if I'm running late to get home. In this capitalist money hungry society it's hella important to enjoy the simple things in life. 🍟👪📺🏄🏋🤸🛵🏖⛵🥊🛀
I hope everyone can see all those emojis 😂 but they're like all the simple pleasures in life, family, food, telly, sports, hot tub 👍

Quick Reply

Latest