Anyone else hates cooking?

Watch
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Most the things I cook don't turn out too well, I am fed up with constantly eating crappy food. I just dread dinner time as I never know what to cook. I have tried so many different recipes. It has got to the point where I would happily substitute snacks for a proper dinner, but I know that it isn't healthy.
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Practice makes perfect
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't hate to cook foods (just prepared a self-made calzone), on the contrary! I like it. Of course there were recipes they did not turn out well, but I made it better next time then. Apart from those, most of the things I cooked were good. Not in the sense of a starred chef, but good in taste in any case!
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
Practice makes perfect
I have been cooking for the past 7 years now.
MadameRazz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
most of the time, yes. i’m lazy and super impatient, would much rather stick something in the microwave for 5 minutes.
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Keep going
Buy a airfryer
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
Practice makes perfect
That is exactly what I have been saying to people who need to enourage instead of being frustrated, if a food didn't well.
Ne en mia nomo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cooking is boring and your creation lasts for like half an hour. B****y waste of time. I'm actually quite good at cooking, I just hate it.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Keep going
Buy a airfryer
Instant pot > air fryer.
summerberry19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you cook food that you like to eat?
Moonlight rain
Report 1 month ago
yes
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t hate cooking in the sense that I don’t like it, but I am very impatient and lazy so I don’t like waiting about for the food to cook. I’d much rather someone else cooked for me because then at least I could be doing something else to pass the time.

I like baking though, when I have free time and the right ingredients.
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by summerberry19)
Do you cook food that you like to eat?
Yes, but it doesn't come out like it should so it doesn't taste great.
CoochieMan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Set fire to water (and oil) in an attempt to make pasta. Idk if I hate cooking or if I hate the fact that I can't cook
chopingirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm the opposite, I love cooking and most of my meals turn out well. A good website for recipes is simplyrecipes.com where I found a great persian recipe called fesenjoon and a peanut butter curry. Can you describe a meal you did, maybe I can see where it went wrong?
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chopingirl)
I'm the opposite, I love cooking and most of my meals turn out well. A good website for recipes is simplyrecipes.com where I found a great persian recipe called fesenjoon and a peanut butter curry. Can you describe a meal you did, maybe I can see where it went wrong?
I love fesenjoon too :five:
summerberry19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
Yes, but it doesn't come out like it should so it doesn't taste great.
Oh right. Perhaps you pull start off buying readymade sauces and just adding things that you like to them?
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most the things I cook don't turn out too well, I am fed up with constantly eating crappy food. I just dread dinner time as I never know what to cook. I have tried so many different recipes. It has got to the point where I would happily substitute snacks for a proper dinner, but I know that it isn't healthy.
aaaaw, poor guy. Mate, I'm even worse, I just don't get recipes :eek: WTF I think. Just take simpler foods then, simple. 2 basic meals (like cereals, bread/bakery etc) and one solid cooked/prepared meal is all you really need in the day (and ofc maybe a snack or two) .
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by summerberry19)
Oh right. Perhaps you pull start off buying readymade sauces and just adding things that you like to them?
Ready made sauces are a bit pricey. I have no idea what I like anymore I don’t know what veg to buy and what combination of veg is good.
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ready made sauces are a bit pricey. I have no idea what I like anymore I don’t know what veg to buy and what combination of veg is good.
Vegetable curry is easiest I reckon mate, least complicated. With vegetables, u just have to cook them up tbh to get taste out of them.

Potatoes, Iceland sliced peppers (so u don't have to slice email up urself as obviously we hate being in kitchen for time), birds eye mixed vegetables steam bags (broccoli, carrots, sweetcorn), spinach.
Cook 4 days worth of Lunch vegetable curry this way easily (with brown rice with it). That's Lunch sorted for 4 days straight.
You can just have something simple for breakfast and Dinner, e.g. cereals, bread/bakery, bagels, crisps, fruits etc.
What I do, hate cooking also. Get tired easily here and don't like standing up or doing dishes etc. Hate it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed