Are you still friends with your Ex Partner?

Watch
StudentRuser321
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It depends on how the relationship ended: Was it a mutual breakup? Did they break up with you? Or did you decide you are better off not being in a relationship?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Tried and failed. They broke up with me and suggested we stay friends. I made an effort and they didn't. Kept being plain rule. So he got cut off.
Bexjw
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I broke up with them and moved out. They harassed me and consistently tried to contact me until I blocked him. Not friends and I don’t ever want to be. Absolutely toxic - good luck to the next gal.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am friendly with a few ex bf's.
Reply to their texts, send gifts and arrange to meetup a couple of times a year.
Had to end contact with some exes that I walked out for being very obnoxious, religious ranters or sordid sociopaths.
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same as @londonmyst mostly on good terms with reasonable ppl but one or two that presented severe issues including attempts to control or otherwise influence my post-rel life etc. Tthey got canned real fast as soon as their bs manifested.
Jmoore12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was planning on it but then found out she cheated on me with (at least) three guys, one of whom was a friend.

It really depends on how you part I guess 🤷
Last edited by Jmoore12; 1 month ago
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not friends with any. Would have liked to have stayed friends with my first gf. It seems more often than not it doesn’t happen. If this decision to break up is one sided then the rejection and perhaps hopes to get back together get in the way. If it’s a mutual decision then it might be easier, but it might also be true that neither side really wants too.
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was a mutual breakup with the intention of being friends, but he doesn't talk to anyone from our old school anymore, so I kind of got chucked on that list (to be honest he barely bothered with me while we were dating once he'd gone off to uni, so I'm not surprised). I'm good friends with all his old friends now though
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zarek)
Not friends with any. Would have liked to have stayed friends with my first gf. It seems more often than not it doesn’t happen. If this decision to break up is one sided then the rejection and perhaps hopes to get back together get in the way. If it’s a mutual decision then it might be easier, but it might also be true that neither side really wants too.
I would have liked to be friends or at least civil with my first boyfriend, however it was my decision to end the relationship, nothing personal, but I received the cold shoulder. Hope things work out on the next one for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (297)
55.93%
I don't have everything I need (234)
44.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise