The Student Room Group

I can’t get over my teacher

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunny.side.up
I've had male teachers tell me that stuff too, but it never meant anything. I think you should forget about it, I doubt he would get into a relationship with a student, which is unprofessional and he would lose his job. As well as illegal.

Yh - I don’t think he’s that type of teacher anyway. I’d rather he didn’t want to get into a relationship if it put his job at risk. I guess I just can’t forget about him which is why i want him if that makes sense.
this is the funniest thing I've ever read. lol
he is your teacher do remember that-
but i guess there isn't anything wrong with finding someone attractive-
as long as you don't take any action on it it'll be fine :smile:
I think maybe try steer this into more of a role model/father figure kind of thing? like try to look up to him in that way rather than romantically, whenever you find yourself thinking of him try snap out it by replacing it with someone else.. any celeb crushes? or even a real crush with someone of your age?
Original post by s.aureus
I think maybe try steer this into more of a role model/father figure kind of thing? like try to look up to him in that way rather than romantically, whenever you find yourself thinking of him try snap out it by replacing it with someone else.. any celeb crushes? or even a real crush with someone of your age?

Not rly tbh. That’s a good idea tho
Original post by Anonymous
Yh - I don’t think he’s that type of teacher anyway. I’d rather he didn’t want to get into a relationship if it put his job at risk. I guess I just can’t forget about him which is why i want him if that makes sense.

Have you tried seeking relationships with boys your age? Surely that will make you forget about him.
It’s pretty normal to have a thing for a teacher, and there are even songs written about it. To be perfectly frank a lot of people are into roleplay with this idea too. Teachers are powerful/dominant authority figures and it can make us feel special if they favour us.

I am a little worried that it’s been going on for too long though, and how intensely you seem to feel it. I think hiding a crush on someone always seems to make it stronger for me, so it’s a good step that you’re talking about it, however I’ve never been able to fully shake a crush unless contact is cut in all honesty. Perhaps you’ll be able to, but whatever the case I think you need to be clear with yourself that nothing can happen here. It’s unlikely for an adult to see someone so young as a serious candidate for a relationship or anything like that, and if anything did happen it could end up wrecking your lives (especially his).
If you got into a relationship with a teacher all you doing is putting the teacher's career and reputation is going to be at risk because you are most likely to get found out as this may result in the teacher having to leave the school.
Uhm-
Another troll?-
its most likely he isn't romantically interested in you maybe as a student who is hard working in class as an example of a role model who takes pride in their education I guess from my opinion.
(edited 3 years ago)
Do not listen to your friends' opinions. If they know that you have a crush on him, they're likely to (unintentionally) misinterpret the things your teacher does/ says to you, as they want to support & root you on. Especially as if they know you have a crush on him, they're likely to become hyperaware when listening to you guys speak/ watching your interactions, and make up their own versions of what went down. It's human nature.

I went through the same thing when I was your age. I had a huge crush on this one teacher, and I'd study especially hard for his subject as I wanted to impress him. Like I'd do loads of further reading etc. and I'd get constant 99%s on his exams (we had a running joke where he'd never give me 100%). I'm fairly sure that he knew I had a crush on him though, as I'd always go bright red whenever he spoke to me. I was young & naive and genuinely though I had a chance with him; I misinterpreted a lot of situations which looking back on now, were harmless encounters. For example, I once asked him if he would be the teacher in charge of marking our end-of-year exams, and he gave me a smirk and said "Yes, why, are you trying to bribe me?" Looking back on it now, I'd interpret that situation as a teacher joking around with their star pupil; but at the time, 15 y/o me took it the slightly wrong, PG way lmao.
He also thought I was dating someone in the class, and would make us sit on opposite ends of the classroom - me, next to his desk; the other guy, at the back of the room, as far away from my desk as possible. Again, at the time, I thought that it was because my teacher was jealous. Looking back on it now, he probably just separated us like that as we were super close and talkative & as such, would often disrupt the class due to our laughing/ chitchat.

Ironically, given all the further reading & extra studying I did for the subject (paired with the fact that I was "a natural" at it, according to my teacher, which again made 15 y/o me think he liked me LOL), I soon developed a passion for it. I thus decided to take it at A-Level, and coincidentally ended up getting the teacher again. I found him attractive throughout sixth form, I'll admit that - but I realised by Year 13 that my crush had faded. I no longer cared about what he thought about me. I didn't put an obscene amount of effort into his class, and would not get jealous watching him talk to other students/ his girlfriend (who was also a teacher). I realised that I didn't care about him at all anymore. I got a boyfriend my age at my school, and moved on. Yes, I'll admit that he was (and still is) a highly attractive man to me (a controversial view, as my 2 friends who knew I had a crush on him found him ugly). But I no longer yearn for him the way I used to. When I left high school, I didn't even feel crushed at the prospect of knowing I'd never see him again. I felt genuinely indifferent.

My point here is, you may feel that you'll never move on: but trust me, you will. You WILL grow out of this phase. I hard-crushed on this teacher for years, and at one point felt so sad & empty at the thought that I'd never have him. I thought that he was THE ONE (lmao, teenagers be like..). But I realise now that like every other crush, it fades away. He will never see you the way you see him, especially if his reputation & career are on the line. If you strongly, truly do think that you have a chance with him: do NOT act on it. Wait until you're no longer his student & provided he's single, try to reconnect with him when you're older. Till then, focus on your grades & consider guys your own age. I know its hard, but you have to be realistic. Fortunately for me, my friends who knew I liked him were brutally honest with me. They told me time after time again that what I was interpreting as flirtatious behaviour from him was nothing at all. They told me day after day that I had no chance, that he had a girlfriend, that our age gap was way too large for him to even see me as attractive let alone consider being with me, etc. I owe a lot to these friends.

P.S. I do not regret having my crush on this teacher. Because without him, I would have never paid so much attention to the subject he was teaching me. I am now a third-year student at university studying said subject, which I would have never even taken - I only took it at GCSE because I wanted him to teach me (as I knew I had a 50-50 chance of getting him as my subject teacher). Things do work out: I didn't end up in a relationship with said teacher (which crushed teenage me, but adult me is super grateful for) but I ended up finding the perfect uni course for me.
I’m 15 and I have a major crush on one of my teachers. He’s tall, handsome, fit and perfect in every way for me. None of the other girls in my year thinks he’s cute but omg to me 🥵.

This is rly rly bad but I dream about him in a non pg way and almost all of my thoughts are abt him. I’m rly good at school - top set for everything and his lesson (because it’s not set) he says I’m the highest in the class. I don’t think it’s gonna affect my grades because when it’s time to work I get my head down and work.

I do so many clubs and have tons of friends and I’m trying to take my mind off him. But nothings working and I’ve had this crush on him since I was 13. This is bad but last week we had wearwhat you want to school and he wore this kakhi green jacket and white/grey trousers and OMG 😍.

Honestly I’m stuck because he’s my class teacher, my subject teacher for that subject and he runs a scholarship club that I have to attend. It’s not like I can get away from him. And he’s does actually really like me - as a student. Like the other day, he told me that I was doing really well in his class and I was set for a 9, also, when I wore home clothes into school, he said that I looked nice :smile:. Also last year we had a swimming gala among the houses at our school and he’s my head of house and he told me that I’m amazing at swimming and I was storming down the pool. Even tho I’m not thatttt good at swimming.

I’m rly stuck tho because a couple of my friends say that he’s considerably nice to me than to others and he seems to have more jokes with me. As much as I like him and rly want him, ik it’s illegal and I don’t want anything bad to happen to him

Please someone help

hi umm so basically im happy i came across this cause i have been having a similar problem.i have been obsessed my teacher for around a year ish.I dont know how to get over him. we always talk like after school for hours and my friends say he is ugly and i kinda stalked him like a lot. and after reading your thing i would love to be your friend like i just turned 16 and it would be cool having someone in the same situation with me so reply to this message :smile:
hi umm so basically im happy i came across this cause i have been having a similar problem.i have been obsessed my teacher for around a year ish.I dont know how to get over him. we always talk like after school for hours and my friends say he is ugly and i kinda stalked him like a lot. and after reading your thing i would love to be your friend like i just turned 16 and it would be cool having someone in the same situation with me so reply to this message :smile:

ooooo
You are 15... He is an adult....
Leave the silly adolescence "attraction" to one side, because it will make him very uncomfortable, or worse he turns out to be a paedo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending