The Student Room Group

Submitted assignment in wrong place...

Help! I submitted my first essay for uni on the wrong part of the site and now it says that ive submitted the assignment late as I had to resubmit after the due date!

Will I be able to get help on this as its my first assignment and I just wanted to get it done and didnt read the submission info but i did hand it in on time weeks in advance.

im so stressed out and really dont want to finish first year with the lowest grade....
If its only your first assignment i really wouldnt worry about a low overall grade for first year right now.

Can you email your tutor or similar and explain what happened?
Reply 2
Original post by MinnieW09
If its only your first assignment i really wouldnt worry about a low overall grade for first year right now.

Can you email your tutor or similar and explain what happened?

I know but I want to do my family proud you know?

And yeah I did but its the weekend and im in isolation right now so i cant even speak in person to them. They said theyd sort it but i have my doubts like.
I heard some universities allow up to 3 submissions with the 2nd marked normally and 3rd capped to a pass, all due yo covid. You will find rules are relaxed and flexible especially due to isolation or mental anxiety from all that's happening...hint ..hint
Original post by Gillzy
Help! I submitted my first essay for uni on the wrong part of the site and now it says that ive submitted the assignment late as I had to resubmit after the due date!

Will I be able to get help on this as its my first assignment and I just wanted to get it done and didnt read the submission info but i did hand it in on time weeks in advance.

im so stressed out and really dont want to finish first year with the lowest grade....

Your university will have regulations which state how they deal with late submissions - each university will have different rules though, so you'll need to find out yourself.

Take this as a learning moment, and chalk it up to experience. You won't make the same mistake again!
Reply 5
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Your university will have regulations which state how they deal with late submissions - each university will have different rules though, so you'll need to find out yourself.

Take this as a learning moment, and chalk it up to experience. You won't make the same mistake again!

But thats the thing! I didnt submit late i put it in the wrong place. I did it weeks in advance and it was great but I was just afraid they wouldnt be able to change it but my tutor has sorted it apparently.
Original post by Gillzy
But thats the thing! I didnt submit late i put it in the wrong place. I did it weeks in advance and it was great but I was just afraid they wouldnt be able to change it but my tutor has sorted it apparently.

Most of the time, markers take the stance that you should have double- and triple-checked that you had submitted everything correctly (which includes submitting to the correct link, submitting an uncorrupted file etc.). So technically you did submit it to the right place late. They may let you off as its your first time submitting, but they probably won't let you off a second time.
Original post by Gillzy

Hi @Gillzy,

I did this for my very first assignment too! The only difference is that I didn't notice I submitted in the wrong place, my tutor did. Luckily she was very understanding as she knew it was my first assignment, and it didn't affect my grade.

Ultimately how it works out will be down to your tutor and university policy, but I think if you explain what happened to your tutor and tell them where you submitted it it should be okay.

Lucy
Original post by Gillzy

Hiya!

I'm sorry to hear this:smile: However, it is quite common across students :frown: The best thing to do is to email your lecturer straight away to explain your situation. Hopefully they can open an enquiry where they can check the time you uploaded your document was before the deadline to show that it was just human error where you uploaded it into the wrong dropbox.

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hiya!

I'm sorry to hear this:smile: However, it is quite common across students :frown: The best thing to do is to email your lecturer straight away to explain your situation. Hopefully they can open an enquiry where they can check the time you uploaded your document was before the deadline to show that it was just human error where you uploaded it into the wrong dropbox.

Hi what happens if you missed an essay dealine does that mean you get kicked off the course
Original post by Butterfly18
Hi what happens if you missed an essay dealine does that mean you get kicked off the course

No, depending on your university's regulations, you will get a zero straight away, or a certain % of marks taken off for every day it's late. If you fail, then you'll get the chance to resit that assignment in the summer.
Original post by Butterfly18

Hiya!

You shouldn't ever be kicked off your course for missing one assessment for a module. If you do miss handing in work there should be a second dropbox to hand in work after the deadline, but this usually will cap your work at 40%. If you don't feel you can hand in your work for a deadline you can email your tutor to ask for an ECF and they can then take the necessary steps for you to allow an extension depending on your circumstances.

i done the same thing i try staying up an assignment and one got loaded to the wrong spot so what do i do send it in twice cause this is my next assignment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending