17 year brother knocked up 16 y/o

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My 17 year brother is an idiot.
He has knocked up his 16 Y/O girlfriend and I have been tasked with/ agreed to informing mum and dad, cause they are going to go psycho.
How should I do this?

Has anyone got any stories of this kind of thing going well ie. Teenage pregnancy?
sarah_t123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
good luck
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
He has knocked up his 16 Y/O girlfriend and I have been tasked with/ agreed to informing mum and dad, cause they are going to go psycho.
How should I do this?

Has anyone got any stories of this kind of thing going well ie. Teenage pregnancy?
And no, I don't want any morally superior d*cks making funny comments. What is done is done.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He has knocked up his 16 Y/O girlfriend and I have been tasked with/ agreed to informing mum and dad...
He's the idiot... so why are you tasked with informing mum and dad?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
He's the idiot... so why are you tasked with informing mum and dad?
Because I feel sorry for him...
Kaffee_1998
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
damn well good luck
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should get him to do it, he needs to start accepting responsibility now, as he will have to do that a lot when he is a dad, which will be very soon.
sarah_t123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it's his responsibility NOT yours !
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Why do they have to know?

I mean he deserves a good lecture for being irresponsible af. Can't you give him that lecture?

I am really sorry for what that girl has to go through whatever decision she makes. I'm sure she was irresponsible too but maybe she can have a break now as she has the harder consequence to bear.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How should I do this?

Put it the XMas card
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because I feel sorry for him...
Agree with what everyone else has said - your difficulty now should be "how to pass the ball back to your brother"; not "how to get involved in something you're not responsible for".

You should have nothing to do with this; other than support your brother in his journey to becoming a young father and maybe help look after his baby after the delivery.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Good luck and you're right what's done is done - you can only move forward.

He needs to be there whilst you both break the news to your parent, I understand he may need some support from you atm but encourage him to tell your parents his side of the story once you've announced the initial situation. It should be easier from your side to just blurt it out because it's not your mistake.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Wow did they have sex? That's so gross eww
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
This is what abortions are for, I swear
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How should I do this?
pls live stream or record and upload to youtube. thanks.
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why did I think this was about a fist fight...?
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gtty123)
Why did I think this was about a fist fight...?
you've led a sheltered life?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
You should get him to do it, he needs to start accepting responsibility now, as he will have to do that a lot when he is a dad, which will be very soon.
Yeah he is going to do it himself now.

He can't even wear a condom correctly... God knows how he is going to deal with this...
Gazino
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How should I do this?

He sounds like a complete idiot who ruined another child's life. The least he can do is own up to his mistakes and be the person to inform mum and dad. You shouldn't be responsible for doing that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Gazino)
I'm the same age as your brother. He sounds like a complete idiot who ruined another child's life. The least he can do is own up to his mistakes and be the person to inform mum and dad. You shouldn't be responsible for doing that.
Why is he anymore in 'the wrong' than his GF?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads