EEA worker Maintenance loan for 2020/21 keeps getting rejected by SFE

Watch
Marsupilami
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

Student Finance England keeps rejecting my EEA worker application for months now, on the grounds that I am not working at an acceptable level in the UK, despite the fact that I have provided them with pretty good payslips continuously since July 2020. Prior to that I was unemployed for a few months due to the nature of my job and the effects of the Covid-19 first wave. This was the reason they didn't pay me the last payment of my 2019/20 loan. I am now finishing term 1 of my third year (5-year vet med course) without any financial support from SFE... I should also mention that I have a pre-settled status as I live in England since 2017.

I was just wondering, is there any other European worker studying a second degree with the same problem? And those EEA workers that managed to get their student finance this year, did you do something differently than last year? Did anyone ever understand what "working at an acceptable level" actually translates to in terms of monthly payslips? Because unfortunately no amount seems to be good enough.

x
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise