University of Bristol vs University of Glasgow

Watch
TheRealSal
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I currently have 2 offers for each of these universities and I'm currently lost at which one to choose since both are very good universities (my Glasgow offer is for Jan 2021 and my Bristol offer is for Sept 2021)
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is this UG or PG? For PG, masters or PhD? What subject(s), or for PhD project(s) are you choosing between?

It's literally impossible to offer anything more than the most facile advice without any relevant context to what you are choosing between. You may as well just be deciding between two cities to live in without any further information, in which case it really depends on how you feel about winter in Scotland.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheRealSal)
I currently have 2 offers for each of these universities and I'm currently lost at which one to choose since both are very good universities (my Glasgow offer is for Jan 2021 and my Bristol offer is for Sept 2021)
There are factors only you can decide such as how close or home do you wish to be. Scottish universities are very different to English one. An example is Scottish degrees are a year longer. You need to look at all the conditions and decide which suits you better. Also look into how the Jan start works. Do you go straight into the second year in September. Most universities dont offer Jan starts but maybe this is due to the exams just taken this year.
TheRealSal
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
There are factors only you can decide such as how close or home do you wish to be. Scottish universities are very different to English one. An example is Scottish degrees are a year longer. You need to look at all the conditions and decide which suits you better. Also look into how the Jan start works. Do you go straight into the second year in September. Most universities dont offer Jan starts but maybe this is due to the exams just taken this year.
Sorry I should've been clearer as these offers are for foundation courses
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (256)
56.89%
I don't have everything I need (194)
43.11%

Watched Threads