I’m hating first year of uni

Watch
Shweetyyy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Everyone always says first year is the best then why I’m I hating it ?
I’m in a private accommodation due to getting in very late everyone in my flat keeps to them self it’s always “Hi and Bye” I came to this new city thinking I’m going to make friends start fresh but instead I feel lonely depressed, I stay in my room all day I sleep to try pass time
I’m hating it here and there is no way for me to get rid of my accommodation and move back home.
I do not want to drop out of uni.

I just feel extremely sad I don’t want to be here no more
claret_n_blue
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If your flatmates are boring then try making friends elsewhere.

What are the people on your course like?

Have you joined any societies?
Shweetyyy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Most people in my course are in their 40s and I tried to but bc of Covid we are not allowed to go in for them
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Shweetyyy)
Everyone always says first year is the best then why I’m I hating it ?
I’m in a private accommodation due to getting in very late everyone in my flat keeps to them self it’s always “Hi and Bye” I came to this new city thinking I’m going to make friends start fresh but instead I feel lonely depressed, I stay in my room all day I sleep to try pass time
I’m hating it here and there is no way for me to get rid of my accommodation and move back home.
I do not want to drop out of uni.

I just feel extremely sad I don’t want to be here no more
Hey!

I'm very sorry to hear this. This year has been extremely difficult for everyone, so it's understandable to feel very lonely and down. Have you thought about joining a club or society? There could be some virtual events happening, so you could meet new people that way. Or becoming a student ambassador, volunteering or finding part-time work on campus? All fab ways of meeting new people.

But don't worry yourself if you don't make friends, things can just take time. I know I preferred to focus on my studies when I was a student and not go out and meet new people.

How are you finding your course?

I wish you all the best with your uni experience, and hope you grow to love it more!

Becky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (41)
18.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (63)
28.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (85)
38.12%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.24%

Watched Threads