Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Today I was doing 35mph in a 30mph (oops my bad) as I checked my dashcam after to see what speed I was doing. My passenger noticed there was a speed camera on a tripod after going past. She thought the police guy though was talking to someone (probably stopped a car) and was near the camera but not actively looking through it as they were dealing with someone.

I have a clean licence and my insurance is coming up in two months.

How likely is it will I be fined? Can these machines just be left (which means I will get fined) or does someone need to be actively operating it at the time?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Today I was doing 35mph in a 30mph (oops my bad) as I checked my dashcam after to see what speed I was doing. My passenger noticed there was a speed camera on a tripod after going past. She thought the police guy though was talking to someone (probably stopped a car) and was near the camera but not actively looking through it as they were dealing with someone.

I have a clean licence and my insurance is coming up in two months.

How likely is it will I be fined? Can these machines just be left (which means I will get fined) or does someone need to be actively operating it at the time?
If it’s your first time, you’ll most likely get the speed awareness course. That’s IF you were caught. These remote cameras do have to be manned.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If it’s your first time, you’ll most likely get the speed awareness course. That’s IF you were caught. These remote cameras do have to be manned.
I agree.
If you do happen to get caught and get offered the speed awareness course I'd take it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (59)
18.27%
No one else does (105)
32.51%
I'm embarrassed about my background (33)
10.22%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (107)
33.13%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.86%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
1.86%

Watched Threads