Home Office - Single Competent Authority Decision-maker

Watch
cathoops
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My security clearance has come through today! It has taken 2 weeks from filling it in. yay! hopefully, that job offer won't be too far off....fingers crossed.
KoalaBear82
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cathoops)
My security clearance has come through today! It has taken 2 weeks from filling it in. yay! hopefully, that job offer won't be too far off....fingers crossed.
Wow that’s quick! Congratulations 😁
KoalaBear82
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Just wondering you had heard anything further since your clearance?
Iam08LC
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone had an SCA decision maker interview recently? would appreciate any help with interview questions. Main the strength ones! Can anyone remember what they got asked? Thanks in advance
cathoops
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KoalaBear82)
Hi! Just wondering you had heard anything further since your clearance?
Nope not heard a sausage ha ha
Jkella
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is it just me who hasn’t had the NSV forms through? So frustrating I haven’t heard anything since being offered a provisional offer in Dec
cathoops
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jkella)
Is it just me who hasn’t had the NSV forms through? So frustrating I haven’t heard anything since being offered a provisional offer in Dec
Hope you hear something soon...it's so frustrating when you just want to get started!
muggles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Iam08LC)
😅😅 behaviour questions will be on the behaviours given on hun advert. Strength normally a bit more difficult 😣
what are the strength questionslike? do you giveonly work examples or examples feom personal life
Rimai
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there i have an interview coming up how did your go? Thank you
Rimai
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by blauteufel)
Has anyone applied to these roles? I did the video interview Thursday... not sure how I went.
Hi yes, I did my interview on Friday. Totally messed up, ran out of time on the delivering at pace question (ironic 🙈) and therefore didn’t address all of the sub questions. This is the second launch pad interview I’ve had and it doesn’t suit me at all. Hope you do better, good luck!
Hi did you hear back from your interview? I have one in a few weeks for this role first interview in a while
Rimai
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hope you hear something soon...it's so frustrating when you just want to get started!
Hi what sort of question are asked in this interview?
charlotteO2302
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jkella)
Hey! I’m in the same position, I got the offer and completed the pre employment checks in December and I’ve heard nothing since! I’ve been a bit worried about it as I emailed a few times for an update and also heard nothing. Hoping the forms come through soon! Reassuring to know I’m not the only one in this position, which office did you apply to?
Rimai
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by charlotteO2302)
Hey! I’m in the same position, I got the offer and completed the pre employment checks in December and I’ve heard nothing since! I’ve been a bit worried about it as I emailed a few times for an update and also heard nothing. Hoping the forms come through soon! Reassuring to know I’m not the only one in this position, which office did you apply to?
Hey, i have my interview in a few weeks, i applied for the Birmingham office, was your interview via launch pad?
Hopefully you hear back real soon must be worrying not knowing
muggles
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rimai)
Hey, i have my interview in a few weeks, i applied for the Birmingham office, was your interview via launch pad?
Hopefully you hear back real soon must be worrying not knowing
Rimai - i have interview next week an wondering how you manage to time your answers right on top of trying o give the right answers!
Jkella
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by charlotteO2302)
It’s turning into quite the wait but hopefully we hear something soon! I also emailed them a couple of weeks ago but haven’t had a response yet. I applied for Cardiff, what about you?
cathoops
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The civil service application centre for me now just says

We are still checking:

● whether you have previously been dismissed from employment in the Civil Service

Surely that won't take long...I've never worked for them before!
KoalaBear82
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The civil service application centre for me now just says

We are still checking:

● whether you have previously been dismissed from employment in the Civil Service

Surely that won't take long...I've never worked for them before!
I wouldn’t have thought so. Feel like we are edging to the finish line! Mine is just saying references outstanding (my CTC came through last week).

It’s odd though cos I gave two personal references but they only contacted one. Doesn’t anyone know if that’s usual?
cathoops
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wouldn’t have thought so. Feel like we are edging to the finish line! Mine is just saying references outstanding (my CTC came through last week).

It’s odd though cos I gave two personal references but they only contacted one. Doesn’t anyone know if that’s usual?
ooh you know i don't know if they have contacted my references..i'll ask them
Rimai
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ooh you know i don't know if they have contacted my references..i'll ask them
Hi what was the question like on the interview?
avacado44
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, I got all my clearance through and confirmed on Monday - now just waiting on a start date. Anyone else had a start date yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (57)
19.79%
Virtual accommodation tour (39)
13.54%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (14)
4.86%
Video content about the local area (2)
0.69%
Webinars with lecturers (10)
3.47%
Taster lectures or seminars (67)
23.26%
Speak to current students studying my course (60)
20.83%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (12)
4.17%
Fun online activities or experiences (11)
3.82%
Connecting with careers services or employers (7)
2.43%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (4)
1.39%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
1.74%

Watched Threads