karatekid32
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m planning on applying to Bristol uni for politics next year- most likely Politics and International relations and would love for someone to tell me as much as possible about it and Bristol in general. Someone who studies politics there would be great! Firstly my A Level grades are A* , A, B. Is this enough? What can you tell me about stuff like nightlife, diversity, accommodation, personal statement tips (especially politics statement tips.)
DoNotMove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by karatekid32)
I’m planning on applying to Bristol uni for politics next year- most likely Politics and International relations and would love for someone to tell me as much as possible about it and Bristol in general. Someone who studies politics there would be great! Firstly my A Level grades are A* , A, B. Is this enough? What can you tell me about stuff like nightlife, diversity, accommodation, personal statement tips (especially politics statement tips.)
I don't take your degree or anything even close but I can tell you about the university in general.

Nightlife: known for having a good nightlife, whether that be at bars / clubs or flatparties and stuff (obviously not as much with the whole current global situation going on)
Racial diversity: it's quite a white place, but there is definitely still racial diversity - and there are quite a lot of students from Asian backgrounds.
LGBT: very good! I'm from Bath where I'd never even seen a same-gender couple hold hands but people are quite open about it in Bristol. The pride flag flies in front of the Bristol Council building by college green.
Accommodation: tad expensive if you're from a less wealthy background, but there are still some affordable options out there. Catered is a bit rubbish especially if you have dietary requirements, but most people choose self-catered and there's plenty of kitchen space. If you really don't like the accommodation you've been put in when you get there if you cry enough down the phone they'll usually move you. You can opt for alcohol-free and LGBT flats.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads