Possibility in changing course at university?

Watch
butterflyb123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an offer for International Relations and Economics at Birmingham but im leaning towards Politics and International Relations. Is there a chance that if i stay at that uni i could have an opportunity of it? Many thanks
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by butterflyb123)
I have an offer for International Relations and Economics at Birmingham but im leaning towards Politics and International Relations. Is there a chance that if i stay at that uni i could have an opportunity of it? Many thanks
Email & ask. It’s best to sort out before you start.
Moving after you have started is much more difficult, (especially if the first year credits don’t line up).
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes but its not worth asking us over the two departments at your university

some university departments design courses (particularly joint honours ones) to be switched between. but PAIR may have a strict requirement for first year modules that you won't be able to satisfy on IR&E so you wouldn't be able to switch
butterflyb123
Rep:
?
Ive just asked..now we wait
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ive just asked..now we wait
I would say you’d have been better waiting till 10am Monday morning so it will be top of the inbox but they’ll let you know what’s possible
setarehxx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think they’d probably let you. I started with politics and sociology and within the second week of the semester I changed to politics and IR and they didn’t have a problem with it. I think they’d rather have you stay just so they get that 9k than refuse to let you change and risk having you leave your course. Definitely give it a try
butterflyb123
Rep:
?
(Original post by setarehxx)
I think they’d probably let you. I started with politics and sociology and within the second week of the semester I changed to politics and IR and they didn’t have a problem with it. I think they’d rather have you stay just so they get that 9k than refuse to let you change and risk having you leave your course. Definitely give it a try
Yea, thanks. Im more drawn to it too
butterflyb123
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
I would say you’d have been better waiting till 10am Monday morning so it will be top of the inbox but they’ll let you know what’s possible
Thats fine. I have to sort out another issue - ive been thought to be an international student rather than a UK one. Seems like a lot of processing but i can handle it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed