Kedah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm in yr 13 and doing my ucas but i kinda don't wanna do midwifery as a course in uni and i dont know what to do at uni and which university i should pick
something_orphic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What subjects/ courses interest you? Also you can always apply for something get into a university and change courses relatively easy so long as they are not highly competitive courses.
Kedah
Rep:
?
(Original post by something_orphic)
What subjects/ courses interest you? Also you can always apply for something get into a university and change courses relatively easy so long as they are not highly competitive courses.at this
At this moment i'm quite interested in fashion design.. my teacher wanted me to do midwifery but i'm afraid to tell her I don't want to do that
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kedah)
At this moment i'm quite interested in fashion design.. my teacher wanted me to do midwifery but i'm afraid to tell her I don't want to do that
It's your life don't be afraid to change your mind. Can i ask what your predicted grades are?
Kedah
Rep:
?
(Original post by something_orphic)
It's your life don't be afraid to change your mind. Can i ask what your predicted grades are?
I do level 3 health and social care my predicted grades are Distinction, Distinction, Merit
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kedah)
I do level 3 health and social care my predicted grades are Distinction, Distinction, Merit
depends where you wanna go really. Bath Spa is rly good my sister went there. Falmouth is also really good for fashion and is in a really lovely place. Portsmouth, Dundee, UWE Bristol, Manchester Met is good. Lots of London Universities. Plymouth. I would look around. It sounds like you want to do Fashion tbh and i would go w ur gut instinct.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you are interested in a creative design subject, especially if you have limited recent experience of studying and practicing the creative arts, you may want to consider an art foundation year (FAD) program. PQ has put together a handy FAQ on these here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5017684 . I would recommend giving it a read over if you are interested in that field.

Previously at least my understanding was it was quite typical for students applying to creative arts courses to undertake a FAD course first, as it allowed them to develop and refine their portfolio for applying to degree level art and/or design subjects first and foremost. It also gave them the benefit of experiencing what it is like to do creative design and art work "full time" as such, as a lot of FAD students would've previously only done perhaps one or two A-levels in a creative arts subject, out of three.

FAD courses are free for students who are under 19 years of age on the first day of the course as I understand, as they are FE courses, not HE courses. However as FE courses, you cannot apply for funding from SFE to fund those (including maintenance loans etc). They are distinct from integrated foundation years which are built into an existing degree programme, as they are separate to any given programme and thus are accepted by and allow you to apply to a wide range of universities.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kedah)
For a fashion degree you’ll need a portfolio of design and drawing work. Is that something that you’ve got from work in your free time?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (36)
17.06%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (62)
29.38%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (82)
38.86%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.32%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.37%

Watched Threads