Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would any successful Goverment and Economics students who also applied to Oxford PPE be kind enough to show their personal statement please? I'd really appreciate it..
    can't get around the whole Philosophy include/not...
    especially because I really do enjoy philosophy and am half way through an extensive reading list on the subject at the moment...
    but if I dont get into Oxford (the chances are seriously slim in my case, but really want to apply anyway) I'm scared the PS would lead me towards a rejection at LSE too...=\

ReputationRep:
    Proud LSE reject :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rustlessbowl)
    ahahha nice one!
    an AABb offer? I didnt know they did those, but well done indeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rustlessbowl)
    You got into Oxford with 5 GCSEs? Well done!

But I'm interested to know how you went from those GCSEs to straight As at A Level!

ReputationRep:
    That really is remarkable lol. Even not turning up to school much, someone with Oxford potential should easily be able to manage more than 2B's, 2C's lol...it's only GCSE.
    Anway, congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random18)
    That really is remarkable lol. Even not turning up to school much, someone with Oxford potential should easily be able to manage more than 2B's, 2C's lol...it's only GCSE.
    Anway, congrats!
    What you said isn't necessarily true... it completely depends on the individuals circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get offers for both courses. I just wrote a normal PPE personal statement and hoped for the best really. With Government and Economics at LSE you're allowed (I think) to take an option from another subject if you want, so I was planning on taking Philosophy on if I were to go there.

ReputationRep:
    I got offers from both and just wrote my personal statement for PPE.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm in the same position as you and got around it by just keeping all the philosophy in my personal statement political. I mean I'm taking it as a subject, and also I'll (hopefully) be able to show in the interview that I'm interested in Philosophy as a whole.

Or you could apply for Economics and Philosophy?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.