Chance of getting into LSE or St Andrews?

Watch
babatunde_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My predicted grades have been moved up to AAAA (Maths, sociology, economics and EPQ). It says on the LSE site that I need majority of GCSEs at 7’s, 8’s or 9’s. I don’t quite have this. I have 4 7’s (Maths, Physics, Biology, religious studies) and I also have 6’s in English literature and language. Will LSE consider me for their BSc Economics and Economic History course?
Also will St. Andrews consider me for their BSc Economics course? I have the minimum required for this course too, but I’ve heard that they are very selective and give out very few offers. Please let me know
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by babatunde_)
My predicted grades have been moved up to AAAA (Maths, sociology, economics and EPQ). It says on the LSE site that I need majority of GCSEs at 7’s, 8’s or 9’s. I don’t quite have this. I have 4 7’s (Maths, Physics, Biology, religious studies) and I also have 6’s in English literature and language. Will LSE consider me for their BSc Economics and Economic History course?
Also will St. Andrews consider me for their BSc Economics course? I have the minimum required for this course too, but I’ve heard that they are very selective and give out very few offers. Please let me know
LSE - its a risk but this is a weird year and they might say yes. Worth an application but be prepared for No.
St Andrews - if you meet the entry requirements and can write a sensible PS then apply, you have as much chance as of an offer as anyone else.

How to Avoid 5 University Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
babatunde_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
LSE - its a risk but this is a weird year and they might say yes. Worth an application but be prepared for No.
St Andrews - if you meet the entry requirements and can write a sensible PS then apply, you have as much chance as of an offer as anyone else.

How to Avoid 5 University Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
Thanks I’ll keep that in mind. Do you think I stand a chance with Exeter for Econ BSc. Their requirements are A*AA/AAA and I don’t know if they prioritise the A*AA applicants or not
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by babatunde_)
Thanks I’ll keep that in mind. Do you think I stand a chance with Exeter for Econ BSc. Their requirements are A*AA/AAA and I don’t know if they prioritise the A*AA applicants or not
You need to find out what the criteria for each grade offer is - email Exeter and ask.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads