The Student Room Group

Biology a level

I just sat my third exam in my first year for biology and i am certain I have got really bad marks. After researching the questions after I know I did really bad. Should I be stressing this? Or is it normal to be getting bad grades so early on? Everyone else in my class is getting A’s and b’s and I’ve been getting e’s and d’s :frown:
Reply 1
It’s normal to get bad grades at the beginning, I even got a few E’s and one U in second year but still managed to get an A in the end
Original post by hunchoM
It’s normal to get bad grades at the beginning, I even got a few E’s and one U in second year but still managed to get an A in the end

Hi how did u get a A in the end cuz I’m getting the same grades and I’m in second year
Reply 3
A level biology is completely different to GCSE
You are just settling into the new content. It is normal to get lower marks at the start of the course.
Just continue to look at the mark schemes on how to answer the questions and make corrections.
You are already learning from your mistakes- this means you are unlikely to make them in your actual exam.
Reply 4
Original post by helpjen101
Hi how did u get a A in the end cuz I’m getting the same grades and I’m in second year

I did practice papers on each topic, I managed to get A/A*’s in my mocks so that’s why they predicted me an A. (Couldn’t sit exams due to COVID).

Quick Reply

Latest