The Student Room Group

cambridge philosophy admissions exam

how is everyone preparing for the philosophy admissions exam on tuesday? i’m really nervous, there isn’t much material on the cambridge website that i can use as preparation and i have no idea whether i’ll do well or not... how are u all doing?

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I'm nervous too!

I have been practising writing essays in the sample material that they provide ie in what way is the future open in a way the past is not? When it comes to the multiple choice part I'm more nervous, as when I've done the practice paper i needed more time- is this something you've experienced too?

I applied to Corpus Christi- wbu?
Reply 2
Original post by klasskaitlyn
Hey,

I'm nervous too!

I have been practising writing essays in the sample material that they provide ie in what way is the future open in a way the past is not? When it comes to the multiple choice part I'm more nervous, as when I've done the practice paper i needed more time- is this something you've experienced too?

I applied to Corpus Christi- wbu?

heyy good luck tomorrow! i applied to downing! i’ve done a few of the questions they provided in the past papers and looked at the oxford tsa papers since some of the questions are in a similar style, but otherwise i have no idea what else i can do. as for their practice paper, i ran out of time as well so hopefully the real thing will go better!
I’ve been doing TSA papers and the sample ones they had, I’ve also looked at ethical theories cause they only ask moral and ethical questions
Reply 4
Please tell me someone found the logic section as hard as I did
Reply 5
Original post by lin234

i thought it would be like the tsa but i found it so much harder, it was nothing like what i expected! i also had problems with loading the questions, so i lost a lot of time as each question loaded:frown: i sent them an email so hopefully that will be taken into consideration since i didn’t really have time...
Reply 6
Original post by scclxo
i thought it would be like the tsa but i found it so much harder, it was nothing like what i expected! i also had problems with loading the questions, so i lost a lot of time as each question loaded:frown: i sent them an email so hopefully that will be taken into consideration since i didn’t really have time...

Mine crashed too! And yes it was nothing like the sample paper!!
Mine crashed and it only gave 15 mins and I was supposed to have extra time so could only do the first 10.
The essay was decent tho
Original post by lin234

Literally! I thought I was going to be the only one. I found it really hard because It was nothing like the sample paper. My college say that there's no 'penalties' for incorrect answers but I'm sure I got a lot wrong

How did you find the essay- did you do the ethical one or the other one?
(edited 3 years ago)
Mine crashed too!!

cancel moodle 2020! lol
Reply 10
Literally! I thought I was going to be the only one. I found it really hard because It was all kind of mathematical/probability questions. I didn't expect so many of those questions to come up. My college say that there's no 'penalties' for incorrect answers but I'm sure I got a lot wrong

How did you find the essay- did you do the ethical one or the other one?

same, i definitely got most of my logic questions wrong especially since i didn’t finish and mine just didn’t load....

i did the second essay, i wanted to do the first one bc it’s more interesting but though i had more to say and evaluate for the second one
Original post by Skippadaflippa1
Mine crashed and it only gave 15 mins and I was supposed to have extra time so could only do the first 10.
The essay was decent tho

i only got about 10 minutes left when my questions actually loaded.. im screwed
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by scclxo
i only got about 10 minutes left when my questions actually loaded.. im screwed

This is only part of our 'application' i guess, so im hoping I still stand a chance. What college have you applied to?
Reply 12
This is only part of our 'application' i guess, so im hoping I still stand a chance. What college have you applied to?

i applied to downing! i feel a bit scared since i was hoping to do well on my admissions exam (i’m not that great at interviews) but oh well now i really have to do a lot better at interview!
Original post by scclxo
i applied to downing! i feel a bit scared since i was hoping to do well on my admissions exam (i’m not that great at interviews) but oh well now i really have to do a lot better at interview!

I'm sure you'll be great at interview!

I've applied to corpus christi.

Now I've got to ace my interview as I'm not sure about the logic questions. How did you find the essay?
Reply 14
I applied Catz, and same I’m so worried for interviews now because I was hoping that my assessment would be okay and would take some off the pressure off- now I feel like I’m just banking on my interview because I must’ve got such a bad score for the assessment
Reply 15
I'm sure you'll be great at interview!

I've applied to corpus christi.

Now I've got to ace my interview as I'm not sure about the logic questions. How did you find the essay?

The essay was okay but I know not my best- looking back at it now there’s so much more I wish I’d put in
Mine did not load for a solid 10 minutes at the beginning; the logic was quite variable in its difficulty (some Qs took me 30 secs, others 2/3 mins), but I enjoyed writing the essay (even though my answer was derivative and only ~900 words I chose the 2nd question)
Original post by lin234
The essay was okay but I know not my best- looking back at it now there’s so much more I wish I’d put in

Yeah im the same, it is definitely not my best essay, but it wasn't too bad. I did the first essay- what one did u do?
Original post by horsetext
Mine did not load for a solid 10 minutes at the beginning; the logic was quite variable in its difficulty (some Qs took me 30 secs, others 2/3 mins), but I enjoyed writing the essay (even though my answer was derivative and only ~900 words I chose the 2nd question)

what college have you applied to?
what college have you applied to?

King's!

Quick Reply

Latest